Sunday, March 10, 2013

REVIEW! | NARS Deep Throat Blush


My favorite way to shop at Sephora is to cruise the aisles and see what catches my eye.  Recently, I was wandering around the store when I saw the NARS blush display, and a pretty pink shade in particular stood out to me.  To swatch it was to love it!  Then I looked at the name and thought to myself, "Oh come ON."  

"Deep Throat"?  As if "Orgasm" and "Super Orgasm" aren't risqué enough?!  Oy!  I don't really take umbrage with provocatively named products, but when a complete stranger at Sears asks you what color blush you're wearing, things can get a little awkward when you answer "Deep Throat."  Anywho, I bought it despite the name and I'm really happy I did!
NARS Deep Throat Blush (natural light)
It's a beautiful peachy coral with a hint of golden sheen and it's considered to be on the sheerer end of the NARS blush spectrum.  To me, it's the perfect level of pigmentation because I can build it up to the intensity that's most flattering on me.  Much like an Eddie Money song, it's always easier to turn it up than to turn it down!  The sheen is fantastic; subtle and glowy, and it doesn't make my pores more noticeable.  Deep Throat is a bit warmer and less shimmery than NARS Orgasm.  While Orgasm is an HG product for many, I find it a little too shimmery and cool-toned for me.  Deep Throat is one of those crazy flattering shades that will look great on so many people.  This blush lasts all day on me without fading or oxidizing.
NARS Deep Throat Blush - Flash
NARS Deep Throat Blush - Concentrated/Blended - on NW20 skin
Sporting NARS Deep Throat Blush
I like to think François Nars was referencing the infamous covert informant in the Watergate scandal when he named this blush.  Right?!  Yes, I'm going with that. ;)

Deep Throat is the pseudonym given to the secret informant who provided information to Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein of The Washington Post in 1972 about the involvement of United States President Richard Nixon's administration in what came to be known as the Watergate scandal

I think NARS blushes are some of the best out there quality-wise, and the color range is pretty fabulous.  I love that each blush compact is sleek (ideal for storing it in your makeup drawer, purse, or cosmetics bag) and contains a good sized mirror.  Deep Throat is a great shade of coral that lasts all day and will suit many different skin tones.

My Rating: A+
Cost: $29.00
Where to Buy: NARS, Sephora
NARS Deep Throat Blush


4 comments :

  1. Beautiful shade! I haven't gotten into Nars blushes yet because I'm afraid to like them too much! I already have a "gotta catch em all" attitude with the Tarte blushes! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is hilarious! One of the reasons I don't have any Tarte blushes is because I have the same fear you do about the NARS ones! :D I know a fellow blushaholic when I see one!

      Delete
  2. AHAHAHAHA"much like an Eddie Money song it's always easier to turn it up then turn it down" OH MAN YOU ARE MY FAVE. :D
    We're gonna rock down to ELECTRIC AVENUE...HAHAHAHAHA

    I think this is my favourite blush ever to tell you the truth! Every time I wear it I think it's so pretty! And then I get distracted by other pretties, but always come back to it! It looks GORGEOUS on you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Tracy! It's really a great blush. I kind of want all the NARS blushes! I really like NARS in general. I never knew why people were so obsessed with the packaging until I had a few items and realized ppl were so right! They store amazingly well and always look classy. And are easy to photograph without any of the usual metallic finish bells n' whistles!

    LOLZ! I love Eddie Money, man! I want you to know I've now had Electric Avenue in my head for 2 days! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!