Sunday, May 10, 2015

Review! | Yves Saint Laurent Poudre Compact Radiance

If true love came in powder form, the YSL Poudre Compact Radiance would be it.

As you can see, I not only hit pan on my first Poudre Compact Radiance (hereinafter "PCR") a few months ago, but I used every last crumble!  
I've been relying on other setting powders ever since in the spirit of finishing the things I have on hand.  Not surprisingly to me, none of the other powders that have been pinch hitting were filling the hole in my makeup bag left behind by the PCR.  I scooped up a new PCR during the Sephora VIB sale, and it feels so good to have this powder back in my arsenal!  [Edit: I can't find it on the Sephora site?! It's not even showing in my account as a past purchase.  I guess Sephora will no longer be carrying this powder, but never fear, it's still available at Bergdorf's, Nordstrom, and Saks {links are at the bottom of the post}]
I have Shade 4 (Pink Beige) which is such a perfect match for my NW20-25 skin, the swatch seems to disappear.  It comes in a limited range of 3 colors, 2 (Pink Sand), 3 (Beige), and 4 (Pink Beige), which is the only thing I don't find rave-worthy.  I wish they'd expand their range to include deeper and fairer options.  I think the shades they offer would best suit those falling into the light, light-medium, and medium range.
The texture of this powder is so finely milled and incredibly smooth.  It never looks cakey and it does an amazing job of keeping my t-zone in check.  I can typically get away without powdering or using oil blotting sheets if I set my foundation with the PCR in the morning. 
PCR comes with a velvet storage pouch to protect the compact and a velour sponge to apply the powder with.  I typically apply it with a brush, but the velour sponge works nicely as well.  I found the pictures I took of my original compact from way back in 2013, hence the dates on the magazines! 

Here's (quite) few shots of me wearing the YSL Poudre Compacte Radiance in the past year!
This powder seems to be a chameleon, going by different names (the box says "Matt and Radiant Pressed Powder", everything I've found online says "Radiant Pressed Powder").  I find it gives skin a natural finish, neither overly matte nor radiant.  Bottom line, I love this and I declare Poudre Compact Radiance is my HG setting powder!

/ /  S H O P  / /

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!