Thursday, November 6, 2014

Loves & Lemons | October 2014


Bust out your pumpkin pants, people!  It's ROCKTOBER LOVES & LEMONS TIME!

LORAC Mega Pro Palette: I know, I know - I shouldn't include LE items but DAMN PEOPLE.  This palette is THE JAM!!  It's got freaking everything: colors!  neutrals!  mattes!  shimmers!  satins!  Every shadow is buttery, creamy goodness.  If you happen to see it pop up for sale on Amazon, GET IT!  After LORAC released it on their site and it sold out right away, they announced on Instagram that they would not be restocking the palette but that Amazon would be receiving 1 additional shipment.  People RIOTED.  I sincerely hope LORAC will produce more of these based on the thousands and thousands of responses from people who weren't lucky enough to snag one.  Fingers crossed, because this palette is 100% amazing and needs to be restocked, or even made permanent.

Blistex Lip Medex: Though I've seen this little blue pot at the drugstore for years, I never thought much of it until I recently needed something to soothe and heal my blisteringly dry lips.  It has been WUNDERBAR!  It contains a triumvirate of external analgesics (I know you're laughing): camphor, menthol and phenol, so it feels cool on the lips when first applied and dissipates softly as your wear it.  I had peeling and cracking going on and my lips were completely smooth and healed after 1 day of using this.  I've actually been using the Blistex Lip Medex instead of my beloved Bite Agave Lip Mask at night!  o_O  Y'all know it's serious.

Bumble & bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil: YAS!  I received a sample tube of this as a GWP and bought the small bottle shortly thereafter.  I have a dry scalp and oily, fine hair.  I've never found a hair oil before this one that didn't weigh down my hair or make it extremely greasy.  The B & b is bomb.  My hair looks shiny, healthy, and retains it's bounce as this oil is light as air.  It also doesn't lead to my hair looking like it hasn't been washed since 1997.  A true win!
CoverGirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in #190 Wine To Five: This gorgeous burgundy/plum hybrid cream held up to 2 days of moving wear and tear (ripping into boxes, slashing tape with razors, etc.) without a single chip, and the color makes my heart sing!  

Maybelline Color Sensational Lip Liner in #45 Plum: This lip liner though.  It's stiff, almost to the point where you think the tip has hardened into solid plastic, and drrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaagggggggggs your lips without depositing more than a mere suggestion of pigment.  It was actually painful to use.  I sharpened it, thinking maybe that would revive it, but the results were exactly the same.  Maybe the one I got was just incredibly old??  Usually Maybelline brings the noise and the funk, but this liner was a huge miss.

Bath & Body Works A Thousand Wishes Preview Eau de Parfum: Have you ever stumbled out of an elevator, gasping for air, eyes watering, because the person you were riding with was rocking a musky oriental perfume that wouldn't QUIT?  That's exactly what this smells like to me!  I ordered this from the B&BW website after reading the scent notes and swooning (Top Notes: Sparkling Champagne, Twinkling Star Fruit, Golden Quince, Mid Notes: Crystal Peonies, Purple Freesia, Dry Notes: Gilded Amber, Almond Crème, Sugared Sandalwood, Velvet Musk), so it's my fault for buying a fragrance without smelling it first.  All I can detect from this incredible list of yummy scents is the amber and musk, and LOTS OF IT.

L.A. Colors 28-Color Eyeshadow Palette in Barely There: I'm not going to shout injustice from the rooftops about something I only shelled out $3 bucks for, but this palette was not good.  I thought it could make a great travel companion with so many color options and being so inexpensive (I.E. easy to replace should something happen to it during airline transport) but the shadows are, as the name says, Barely There.  The (packed on) swatches below are over NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base.  Save your $3 bucks for a Wet N' Wild lipstick and a roll of Lifesavers!

What were your loves and lemons last month?  

35 comments :

  1. Wow. LORAC completely dropped the ball on raking in some serious cash. Are they stupid over there??? Or is this some sort of long con where they make you wait half a year and then release it as a permanent item?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are items that I REALLY wonder why the brands never made permanent. I guess the LORAC palette is one of them! That CoverGirl nail polish looks amazing as well. Very autumn-y!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YESSSSSSSS *its the most wonderful time of the ye*.... month.. Loves and Lemons seriously I look forward to this! Drinking coffee this AM and going through bloglovin, then BAM there it is! So excite!
    I can't believe that LORAC would do such a silly thing? An immediate sell-out is KIND OF A HINT that it's a popular item.. I love the look of the palette. I agree it seems to have everything! Who doesn't want a palette that has EVERYTHING?!!!!! Indigo looks particularly thrilling for me. It's like a nail polish for the eye. Weird, I just pictured what it might feel like to paint your eyelid with polish (:

    LOLOL wait is this what you were talking about for Blistex addiction? Are you getting hooked on the phenol magenol jacobian majoob (not as scientifically accurate as you!). Total GASP for choosing this over BITE, that's love!

    And ever since falling madly in love with b&b's Tropical Riche GOODNESS I'm sure I'd fall for this oil, too. I love hair oils, but you're so right.. Most can make you look like you forgot to shower... hahhahha 1997 yes. Long time.
    And OF COURSE diggin' the polish. Who doesn't want a super wine color for end of fall early ALMOST CHRISTMAS!?!?!?


    OH MY GOSH NOVELLA HERE IN THE COMMENT SECTION, yikes.
    I do hate a hard lip liner.. True summertime sadness. I actually have a Maybelline lip liner from long ago. I think Maybelline? Well, it was also "plastic tip" and made me actually afraid of lip liner. That was until I started using my NYX liners all the time. For serious you need these. ABSOLUTELY CHANGED THE LIP GAME UP. But good to know, Maybelline is not where I shall turn for lip liners. Also bummer about the fragrance. I know I've smelled it before, but can't place the scent in my mind. The description sounds BOMBALICIOUS. Totally would not figure musky oriental hahahahha which is just the perfect description for some scents... HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT THAT? Also the palette; I LOVE lifesavers AND Wet 'n Wild lipsticks.. Girl now I don't feel guilty for passing over an eyeshadow palette!


    MUCH LOVE,
    -SE doeeeeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that Lorac palette is to die for! I don't think I've ever seen something so gorgeous. ;) I love the Blistex lip balm too, it gets my lips through winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right?! I feel like they made 14. :/ I hope they make more because it's really a fantastic palette! The Blistex balm is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DANG that Lorac palette looks WOW. I hate that they pulled outta Sephora! But I bet it wouldn't have been here anyways. It looks AMAZE. LOOKS PLEASE. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, I want this Lorac palette so bad! I hope they will restock it before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO bummed about the palette...it's NOT fair! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ewwwwww, that perfume sounds sickening, lol. What the hell were they thinking? I kind of want to smell it now though... just to experience the ickiness. And maaan, that LORAC palette, ugh. My kingdom for that palette!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad about the LA Colors palette! I suppose you can't expect much for the price but still! LOL at the "Barely There" comment 5555! ;D

    Yeah... not sure what Lorac was thinking dropping a bomb like that. They had to know the palette was going to sell out. They had to know. And to release a statement that they are not going to restock?! Ouch! They really took the whole "LE" thing to the next level. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY that nail polish is pretty. I need to get my hands on more dark berry shades!


    But in other news, WOW WHAT A CRAP PALETTE. That thing is a disaster! Lifesavers and Wet 'n Wild would definitely be a better buy... though, knowing me, I'd probably just end up with Lifesavers and more Lifesavers, no makeup hauled at all. :P

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel like id have to throw out al my other shadows if i got that lorac mega pro palette. Soo....I wont be getting it lol. Looks sooo gorgeous though ! Yes yes the blistex medicated lip balm..love that thing!!! I have a shade from maybelline that looks identical to that covergirl one and luuurv it too. I love your loves and lemons Kristen bahah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg you're so lucky you have the LORAC Mega Pro palette xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh I'm dying over your Lorac Mega Pro palette!! But I guess I'm not the only thing dying...that LA palette...YIPES!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Completely entranced by the Lorac Pro! I never really noticed how gorgeous the shade indigo is!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the idea of shouting out the good and the bad of the month. (I NEED THAT LORAC MEGA PRO!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh, I totally know what you mean about unpleasant perfume smells wafting in the air! So sorry the B&BW didn't work out so well :(. Also, that's amazing that Lip Medex has now replaced your Bite Beauty agave lip mask!

    ReplyDelete
  18. THAT LORAC MEGA PRO PALETTE!!! I am tempted!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ha ha!! A long con! I love you, Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree! LORAC really needs to make the Mega Pro permanent. I would be extremely shocked if they didn't do that at some point this year!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ha ha! Stephanie, you are hilarious!! A hard lip liner *is* true summertime sadness, lol! I have got to try those NYX lip liners! They sound fantastic! I can't believe I'm just now seeing all of these comments! I don't know what happened 2 months ago!! :O

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me too! I really hope LORAC re-releases it in 2015 or makes the Mega Pro a permanent member of the family. It's an unbelievably great palette!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! Yes, LORAC clearly wasn't joking about the LE aspect on the Mega Pro, but I hope that changes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Or at least bring back the Mega Pro in 2015!! It's such a shame it was so limited.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree, Lily! I have my fingers crossed they bring the Mega Pro back in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOL! I love you for wanting to smell the perfume, lolol! I hope LORAC brings the Mega Pro back! It's too fantastic to have made so few!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LORAC really should listen to their customers and bring the Mega Pro back in 2015. Or make it perm!! It's one of the best palettes I own and it's such a shame that so few people were able to buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks, Rae! LOL at the Lifesavers and more Lifesavers. That's one candy you can't go wrong with! :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ha ha! Thank you, Dee! I love doing the loves and lemons! I love reading people's monthly faves, too! It's always fun to see what people used a lot during any given month.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I know! I'm really hoping LORAC brings the Mega Pro back in the new year so more people can get their hands on it! That release was WAY too limited!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Here's to hoping LORAC brings it back in 2015!!! My fingers are crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  32. All of the shades in the palette are beautiful and creamy! I really hope LORAC brings it back in the new year or makes it permanent! It's too great of a product to have been so limited!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks, Julie!! I love doing these posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ha ha, Carolyn! I know! No one likes a perfume that's funky and lingers, lol!! Where have you been lately?? I've missed your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Were you able to pick it up before it sold out in 26 seconds, Shari?!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!