Saturday, February 12, 2011

{Glambunctious} Review - Coco Mademoiselle



Overall score: 1 out of 5 jazz hands

Fragrance Notes: Top Notes - Orange, Bergamot, Grapefruit. Middle Notes - Litchi, Rose, Italian Jasmine. Base Notes - Indonesian Patchouli, Haitian Vetiver, Bourbon Vanilla, White Musk

I can't tell you how much I wanted to love this fragrance, from the beautiful bottle design to the fact that it's Chanel, and what's not swoon-worthy about their high-quality products? Unfortunately, I cannot claim to love it because the scent lingers so long that it made me nauseous. I gave it 1 jazz hand because the bottle is so gorgeous!

I had originally smelled this a week ago when I hit up Macy's with my mom. The lady at the fragrance counter sprayed some on a piece of paper for me and I set it on my bedside table at home. Every night when I'd get into bed, I could smell it and thought "Wow! Now this perfume is quality! The staying power is ridiculous!" This should have been my first clue that it was too strong for me to actually wear. I bought a bottle of it yesterday at Sephora - Lenox Square and sprayed the lightest imaginable spritz on my scarf. It lasted all day long. I'm used to perfumes that need to be reapplied, so the staying power excited me. Before we went to the Thrashers game last night, I sprayed 1 pump into the air, let it start falling for two seconds and then waved my forearm through the trail. By the second period of the hockey game, I thought I was going to be sick! It has a very powerful scent that lingers like a mildly truculent poltergeist. My boyfriend Jason commented that maybe I should just use a little less. When I described to him how I'd applied it, he agreed that I should return the mofo to the store.

Sadly, the fragrance is just too strong for my nostrils and will have to go back to Sephora. I'm aware that fragrances smell differently on everyone and this one probably just clashes with my personal Ph balance. I prefer a less-heady aroma, even if it means reapplying it more often. The scent of Coco Mademoiselle haunted me like a debt collector.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!