Saturday, December 14, 2013

REVIEW! | Jordana Easyliner for Eyes (Eggplant, Seagreen, Bliss, Mint)


You know how sometimes things just don't work out?  Well, that was the case with me and the Jordana Easyliner for Eyes, a much raved about product amongst the beauty community.  These just do not get along with my lids!

Jordana Easyliner for Eyes comes in 13 colors.  I picked out 4 that looked extra groovy: Mint, Bliss, Seagreen, and Eggplant.  Eggplant, a matte plum, and Seagreen, a lightly shimmering deep teal, swatched better than the lighter liners, as you can see below.
On my eye lids, these were made of fail!  They lasted 3-4 hours on primed lids and then disappeared like carpetbaggers in the night.  Entire parts of the line would be missing in action, and what was left was faded and smudged.  I tried several different methods to prolong the wear including primer, wearing them over shadow, translucent setting powder, etc., and experienced the same disappearing act every time.  I do have oily lids, but have never had this much of an issue with liners in the past.  Typically liners last all day on me when paired with an eyeshadow primer.  The Easyliners would hardly adhere to my waterline to begin with, so the 1 hour wear time didn't surprise me.
Granted, these retail for $1.99 USD at drugstores, so some may feel like "Well, you get what you pay for".  I've found that's not always the case and have had plenty of budget-friendly products completely outshine their budget-busting counterparts.  And besides, who wants to throw away even $2.00 that could be better spent on, say...a Nivea Lip Butter?  ;)

My personal experience with these was not rave-worthy, but I will compliment them on 2 things:
1. Great packaging: I love anything where the color of the tube is the color of the product - makes these easy to spot amongst a bevy of liners in your makeup bag or tray.  The retractable liner is nicely done and easy to use.
2. The color range!  13 colors is very exciting and diverse for a drugstore brand.  Usually drugstore brands only offer the standard issue shades of black, brown, and taupe.

My Rating: D
Where to Buy: Drugstores, Jordana

Have you had a bargain product knock the socks off of a high-end one?  What was your last purchase that didn't thrill you?  Share!
In other news, Happy Saturday!  We're going to see P!nk's The Truth About Love Tour tonight and I'm so excited!  What's on your agenda this weekend?  Bring on the acrobatics and dancing lips!

19 comments :

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHA "disappeared like carpet baggers in the night" HAHAHAHAHAHA ok I think that's my favourite line you've written YET HAHAHAHAHA
    Too bad, the colours look so groovy especially Mint and Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pity they don't last long on your lids.. Eggplant is so gorgeous though, I'd pick it up in a heartbeat if it was good quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, I'm so sorry to hear these are so bad! I think I've seen enough budget-friendly cream shadows/shadow sticks around to put up with a formula like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eyeliners look so pretty swatched, too bad they didn't last for any length of time.
    I'm totally jealous of you going to the P!nk concert!! How was it!??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's too bad! All the colors look gorgeous though! Is the texture at least soft or is it all dry and hard? I might give one a try since it's so cheap. And how come I haven't heard anything about these before... maybe I need to get involved more with the beauty community and less with editing photos for my site haha.


    How was the concert?! I bet it's epic!!! I love P!nk!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember them being here for a short while, and they're very affordable. I tried their stick shadows too, and they creased on me like crazy. I have to give it to them for pretty good pigmentation though :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure they have other products that perform better since they're so well-loved in the beauty community! I appreciate the prices, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Your site reflects your hard work, though, so that's a good thing! These were fairly soft but just had no lasting power. Rimmel liners are the JAM in comparison if you're looking to try a drugstore liner that's nicely priced and works really well! The concert was awesome! Pink is a badass lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I had high hopes! The concert was so much fun! She is so talented and spunky! Lots of acrobatics and lyrical routines - on top of fantastic singing! Great show!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely, Sunny! I feel the same!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Isabelle! :) I know! Eggplant was the one I was most excited about! I wish drugstore lines would expand their liner collections!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was! If it had lasted, we would have definitely become close friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha ha! Oh I'm so glad! I do love a good carpetbagger reference, lol! And ditto - these colors did look groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. never mind the cheap eyeliner - you get to see Pink!!! That is so awesome!! We don't go to enough concerts now that we have kids but I absolutely love them! Have a great time and share pics!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review!! I left a reply to your comment on my 50 Facts Tag so check it out. I am obsessed with us..!! Anyway, back to the products! It's too bad these don't wear well, because the swatches you took are really beautiful. And I totally agree with what you say about "You get what you pay for" not pertaining to everything. I love e.l.f. for this very reason.


    These liners remind me of the Urban Decay 24hr pencils you reviewed a little while back, so it's too bad they aren't all that. I'm going to take your word for these and stay away.


    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
  16. True, it isn't super common, but it does happen - just not with these, lol! Though I would put Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and Nivea Lip Butters against their high-end competitors any day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha ha! You are the bomb.com! ELF is a great example of a brand of lower priced products performing better than their higher end counterparts! A lot of people love Jordana lip products but I've never tried those. And yes - I was totally hoping these would be like UD's 24/7 liners because -hello - think of the savings! But alas, UD is definitely still the champ! Cheersies, bud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha! I love your opening line, Jenny Sue! The concert was ridiculously great and reminded me that we should go more often! P!nk is an incredible entertainer! I wish I had half her badass-ness! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!