Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nivea Lip Butter - Review & Photos


How have I never officially reviewed Nivea Lip Butter when it's one of my lip balm all-stars?!  I was watching the 6th straight episode of The Walking Dead season 3 (Shout out to Daryl Dixon!) with Jason last night and noticed I had not one, but two tins of Nivea Lip Butter perched within reach.  I always have one nearby in the living room, in addition to a tin in my bathroom, one on my bedside table, and one in my desk drawer at work.  I realized I'd never fully reviewed them, and I thought that needed to change since they are such a favorite for me!

Nivea Lip Butters are supremely hydrating, silky-smooth tins of joy that are in my Top 5 Balms of All-Time.  They contain shea butter and almond oil and there's no tackiness to speak of.  They're available in 4 flavors: Raspberry Rosé, Caramel Cream, Vanilla & Macadamia, and Smooth.  The first 3 smell divine and are very lightly flavored, and Smooth is scent and flavor-free.  Though there is no SPF information listed on the tins or on the US Nivea site, Titanium Dioxide is listed as an ingredient and you will see a very slight white cast on the lips when heavily applied.
I find all 4 to be immensely hydrating and comforting on the lips.  Don't tell my Jack Black balms, but I actually prefer these because they are even smoother!  I especially love to load up on the buttah (el mantequilla, if you will!) at night after exfoliating so I awaken to optimally moisturized lips.
While some may dislike the fact that these are in tins, I see it as an asset because they fit nicely in tiny purse pockets and don't roll off my bedside table or bathroom counter top.  I always carry one of these pups in my purse and the tins have always remained securely closed.
I've been using these lovelies every day since March and I'm nowhere near hitting pan because a little goes a long way and you don't need to reapply them every 10 minutes.  If you love silky, hydrating balms, there's no way you won't love these!  And at $2.99 USD a pop, these make crazy good stocking stuffers for anyone on your list!

My Rating: A+ (Favorite!)
Where to Buy: Drugstores (US), ULTA

21 comments :

  1. Kristen you beat me to it! I was going to do a review of these also! Ha ha. I have 3 of the flavors (didn't pick up Smooth) and I'm loving all of them! I agree, they are one of the better balms out there - very hydrating and soothing. Perfect for cold Winter days & nights! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, a woot woot on the Darryl Dixon reference. Loves him, I do. ;-) Now, these look amazing. Looking at Tracy's comments below, it doesn't look like these are available up here. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw them at Rexall recently! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make these sound incredibly enticing, but I've sworn off balms in tins and jars without a twisty lid. (And after having said that, I'll probably cave, haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been wondering what all the hype was about these. But now u make me want one. Deff going to pick one up on my next trip to the drugstore! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You definitely should, Julie! These are awesome and such a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! I hear your no-tin ROAR, Liz! But I made an exception myself and fell in love. It was like that Kelly Clarkson song Miss Independent. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore DD! He is the absolute soul of that show, and a bright spot for sure! We're almost caught up to where the mid-season finale left everyone! Oh and about the balms - these are super sweet pots o' magic. They must have migrated Canadian by now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd love to see your review, Jaa! Smooth is my least favorite - I really like the scented ones the best! And yes, these are coming in handy lately with the cooler air! I forgot to balm before bed last night and woke up to chapped, flaky lips this morning! I have a humidifier going in the bedroom now and won't forget balm again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try these, but my Navy Exchange doesn't stock any! I'm definitely going to see if I can have my parents buy and send me one or two. What's your favorite scent?

    ReplyDelete
  11. ohh thats a great buy for stocking for sure, and I love Nivea's stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. THESE ARE WHAT DREAMS ARE MADE OF. I love these Nivea butters. UGH. Forever.
    Great pictures by the way!
    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh no! I'm glad your folks can try to send you some because these are universally awesome. My favorite scents are Raspeberry Rose and Vanilla & Macadamia (smells like decadent dessert)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. SAMESIES!!!! Such a drugstore hero! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. True, it's not the greatest but I'm not against jar packaging for the most part, lol! Unless it's skin care and then I really don't like a jar because I feel like the ingredients are degrading every time I open it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely! Who wouldn't be charmed to see a couple of these in their stocking? :) I love Nivea, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! I love you, man! These are what dreams are made of! And thank you for the props on the photos! I took them back in March or April when I first got these!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've had these since they were released, but they're still shrink wrapped! I need to use them soon lol

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl! You need to un-shrink wrap them! They're lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!