Sunday, March 8, 2015

Loves & Lemons | February 2015


It's Loves & Lemons time again, ladies and gents!  February is a tough month because you've endured winter for what feels like eons and you're practically screaming for spring.  This year, February turned out to be the month of lemons for me, LOL!  Which is amusing since last month I had none!  Luckily there were a few loves to balance it all out.

Gillette Foamy Lemon Lime Shave Foam: I know shaving cream isn't the most exciting thing on earth, but holy smoked salmons, this stuff is AWESOME!  It smells amazing, is thick and rich, and I got the closest shave ever when I coupled this with a BIC Soleil razor.  While I've been loyal to the Schick Intuition Moisture razor (a/k/a the lazy gal's BFF) for years, I've found I get a closer shave that lasts longer when I use the Gillette Foamy and a disposable razor.  This combination is also cheaper, which is always a bonus!
Lancome Tresor Eau de Parfum: Warm, soft, and timeless, this lovely perfume has been my cold weather staple!  | Full review here.
MAC Craving Lipstick (Amplified): I could not get enough of this beautiful, blue-toned plum!  It's incredibly creamy and pigmented, and I'm able to get over 6 hours of wear!  See Craving on The Misty Mom here.
 
Bath & Body Works Merry Cookie Nourishing Hand Cream: I figured this would be a slam dunk since I love the candle version of this scent, but this hand cream didn't deliver on the moisture front.  In fact, my hands felt dry the mornings after I'd use it.  It did smell very nice, though.

Bite Beauty Whipped Cherry Lip Scrub: I've tried to like this for months, but it's 99% emollients, 1% scrub beads.  It feels like rubbing Crisco on your lips with the occasional fruit seed floating in the mix.  This is the only Bite product that I haven't fallen in love with.  I prefer a lip scrub to be much more exfoliating.  You (and your wallet!) are better off mixing sugar with honey if you like to DIY, or just picking up the Lush Bubblegum Lip Scrub for $9.95 USD (full review here) if you want something pre-made.

C.O. Bigelow Lemon Cream Body Wash: I absolutely love lemon anything.  Lemon cake, lemon cookies, lemon candles, lemon soap, even lemon lip balm.  As a general rule, if it's lemon, I love it.  I guess it's ironic that I called this column "Loves & Lemons", since for my nose, at least, the two would be interchangeable!  Anywho, this body wash failed me.  It smells more like industrial cleaning products than lemon, and I didn't find it to be hydrating, either.  Me and the Lemon Lip Cream are still ride-or-die, though.
Dior Montaigne 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette: Billed as a "splash of color for the eyes", this was hands-down the most disappointing eyeshadow formula I've ever come across.  Calling the pigmentation sheer would be a compliment; I had to dip into the pans 6-7 times and swirl the brush around to get a slight tint to show up on my primed lids.  I returned this, and I never return eyeshadow.  Definitely swatch this in store if it speaks to you.
What were some of your loves and lemons last month?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!