Thursday, March 5, 2015

Review! | Lancome Tresor Eau de Parfum


Ah, Lancome Trésor Eau de Parfum.  Funny story about this fragrance.  As a young teenager, I used to babysit for a lady who had two little girls and she wore Trésor.  I can still remember the bottle sitting on the vanity, but I never once picked it up to smell it.  It looked uber fancy and I didn't want to accidentally drop it.

Fast forward from the mid-90s to this January, where I found myself waiting at the Lancome counter with my mom, who was picking out a foundation.  There sat Trésor on the lit perfume display and finally, two decades of curiosity finally got the better of me.  I spritzed it on and WOW!  Why did it take me so long to try this?!
Trésor is a warm, soft scent that combines rose, lilac and muguet (lily of the alley).  It smells sophisticated, and the warmth of the fragrance has made it a perfect winter companion.  

Lancome says:
"Love. Romance. Elegance. TRÉSOR is for a woman who understands that time is precious and moments in this fast-paced world are to be treasured. Because love is a treasure, and TRÉSOR evokes that feeling of everlasting love, it makes her as radiant and precious as the fragrance she wears. The elegance of rose, mugent and lilac and the sparkle of peach and apricot blossom are just a few notes that define this luminous fragrance."
I have a very sensitive nose and have had many a fragrance "go rogue" once they touch my skin.  They start out beautiful, but after a while the scent becomes too cloying and has led to headaches and nausea.  That being said, Trésor didn't seem like it would work for me.  Typically when a fragrance is described as "warm" it usually translates to "too strong" for me.  However, Trésor manages to be warm but soft, like a cozy blanket with a warm mug of tea on a chilly winter's eve.

Do you like Trésor?  What's your current go-to winter fragrance?  Was there ever a perfume you waited years to smell?

24 comments :

  1. The bottle is beautiful indeed! Will remember to take a sniff the next time I hit a counter! :-)

    TheConscienceFund

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOO you make this sound good, Kristen! I don't think I've sniffed any of the fragrances in the Tresor line, but now I have to look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never smelled Tresor , but now you've got me intrigued. (; I've been wearing DKNY Be delicious since what feels like the beginning of time. I'm not sure I'll ever deviate from it.
    www.accordingtokiki123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of the coziest scents on earth! I still have a miniature bottle of the original, and I've recently tried the fresher version "Lumineuse". I didn't think they differ too much, though.
    It is very 90's yet timeless, I'd say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this scent! I have it in a mini but haven't really purchased a full size one yet. I also like how long it lasts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should go into the perfume description writing business.. Reading through the post made me feel like I'd actually smelled this perfume, although I never have. haha! I also love the little story behind it. Two decades later it's a winner! I will have a sniff at the Lancome counter with you in mind!!


    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh girl this scent takes me back too!!! i don't looove it, but i don't hate it. currently i'm obsessed with sonia kashuks purple seductia fragrance, ooh lalala does it smell yummy and sexy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I have ever smelled this one but I love Tresor in Love line!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh mercy. One of my first jobs was with Lancome's big campaign in 1990 when Tresor debued. I was working at the Macy's on Union Square in San Francisco wearing the 1990 'Lancome uniform' of a shimmery metallic gray lab coat with HUGE shoulder pads, a black mini skirt & black tights & teeteringly high heels. We stood at the entrance of the store handing out peach colored silk petals that were scented with Tresor from wicker baskets. My feet still hurt thinking about it. I'm certain it's another tastefully done & balanced Lancome fragrance, but I did get a bit sick of the scent. Geez, I feel ancient..

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooooove love love Lancome fragrances. There's something unique about each one, and no matter which I spritz on, it can take me back to a place I haven't thought of in forever. The memz! I think my favorite by them is Hypnose. I have so much nostalgia when I wear that one.

    xx

    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds lovely! And I like warm scents anyway, so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Sunny! Definitely check it out! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love DKNY Be Delicious! I used to rock that fragrance every day! I used it up - it's a classic, if it's working and you love it, you're golden! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Timeless '90s! I like that, Lena! I agree, if there was a listing of the coziest scents on earth, I'm confident Tresor would make the cut! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Don't you love fragrance minis?! Sometimes a little tiny bottle is all you really need. I wish all fragrances came in tiny size!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ha! THANKS, Stephanie! I never think I'm that great at describing perfumes so you made my day with this comment! Let me know if you do ever get around to giving Tresor a sniff!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh! Magic Noire just sounds enchanting! Sounds like you had a fun '90s, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never smelled the Tresor in Love varieties! I will definitely sniff them the next time I'm at Sephora or Macy's!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my gosh, Bibi! Your description of the outfit you had to wear was cracking me up! SHOULDER PADS! METALLIC LAB COATS! HIGH HEELS - that is not cool for any job where your'e on your feet all day! I bet your feet still hurt thinking about it! Thank you for the awesome comment! So cool to hear a live-from-the-launch experience story! I remember the peach petals!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL, the memz! I love it, Jenny! Must smell Hypnose ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You'd probably love this one, Mels! It's very cozy without being overly assertive!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes you do just to give it a smell! I'm sure you don't need me to give you a reason to make a trip to Target:) I'm there at least twice a week...

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! Target has a tractor beam that pulls you in when you try to drive by! You go in for deodorant...you leave with a new comforter, 2 pairs of pants, a DVD, mascara, gel pens, and a crate of Cuties, lolol! My favorite is when I forget the 1 thing I went in for but leave with $50 worth of other sundry goods! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!