Saturday, May 15, 2010

Jennifer Johnson is Sick of Being Single by Heather McElhatton

Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single by Heather McElhatton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
***THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS!!***
This book was hilarious and had me guffawing and reading excerpts aloud. It was as if my funniest girlfriends teamed up and wrote it. I would have given this book 4 stars had it not been for the super crappy ending. The HUGE downer of this book is that she completely gives up who she is to be with "Prince Charming". It was so hard for me to believe she'd go through with the wedding after her fiance comes home from his bachelor party after being arrested with a prostitute. Which she is told by his overbearing and ridiculous mother-in-law as being "part of the sacrifice" she'll have to make to marry a man who will "someday be powerful". When her funny co-worker Ted professes his love for her and rattles off a list of the things he loves about her - the things that really make her who she is, she still goes through with the wedding to the magnificent turd that is her fiancee. I couldn't believe it! I was sure she'd wake up, the ceremony having been a nightmare, and she'd call it off! I am truly hoping there will be a sequel in which she reclaims herself, realizes that she is a wonderful person AS SHE IS and doesn't need to stop visiting the Cinnabon counter or collecting oddball plastic toys via eBay.

View all my reviews >>

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!