Saturday, July 17, 2010

Delicious and Suspicious (Memphis Barbeque Mystery, #1) by Riley Adams

Delicious and Suspicious (Memphis Barbeque Mystery, #1)Delicious and Suspicious by Riley Adams
My rating: 1 of 5 stars
I was so excited to read this as a fan of the cozy mystery genre; how could it not be great? Set in vibrant Memphis and involving a delicious little barbeque joint, I thought it would be fantastic! For me, it turned out that the only redeeming qualities of the book were the city it was set in and the descriptions of the food. There were too many characters introduced too early and only 2 of them were developed. I wasn't pulling for Lulu, the main character, because she was flat and not very likable. The fact that one character wore a helmet with Elvis on it at almost all times was just a trifle over the top. Plus, what kind of Southern man dates a woman who's a bitch to his mother and seeks to destroy her business? Give me Joanne Fluke's 'Hannah Swensen mysteries' any day! I won't be tuning in for the second installment.

View all my reviews >>

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!