Saturday, December 25, 2010

Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster

Bitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment OfficeBitter is the New Black : Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office by Jen Lancaster

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really loved this book! I was familiar with the author's website, Jennsylvania, as I'd read her response to Marie Claire's exceptionally insulting article "Should Fatties Get a Room?" and thought it was perfect. Though she has her b*tchy moments, I found her very easy to relate to. She learned a hard lesson that what is truly important in life isn't one's Kate Spade shoe collection. This book was so packed with hilarious quotes that I had to start marking pages with the little sticker page markers (pulled from Lucky Magazine, which I found humorous since it's the magazine all about shopping) so I could go back later and write them all down. I look forward to reading the rest of Jen Lancaster's books!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!