Sunday, December 5, 2010

FSE: Piano in the Dark by Brenda Russell

This song is so alluring and emotional, and it always makes me think of rainy nights and mysterious, complicated love. It came out in 1988 when I was 8, and I remember hearing it on the radio back then and thinking it was special even as a little kid. The emotion this woman conveys in this song, especially during the crescendo ("...can't wait any longer, and I'm feeling stronger but oh...") makes me wish I had a slinky dress and an antique silver mic - and the ability to sing worth a damn - so I could truly belt this out for all I'm worth! If this comes on in the car, it gets cranked to the stereo's full volume potential and I sing along - with my full volume potential.



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!