I just returned home from a trip to Miramar Beach, Florida with my fiance Jason. It was 3 beautifully sunny days on the beach and we had an incredibly fun and relaxing time.
I thought I'd share a few items that I found especially awesome during this trip!
1. Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen SPF 50. Anyone who uses high SPF knows you usually get a serious white cast going on when you apply sunscreen as directed: liberally. I loved this sunscreen because it absorbed a lot quicker than others I've used and my skin felt really well conditioned and happy. It did it's job, too. I was able to reapply it throughout the day without feeling like I was covered in SPF build-up and I didn't get burned! Score! It also washed off in the shower with very little effort.
2. Suave Humectant Moisture Shampoo. The best $1.88 spent ever. I have fine hair that gets oily at the drop of a hat, so I don't usually rock moisturizing shamps. However, I am a big fan of ocean swimming and that salt water really dries your hair out like a mother, so a hydrating shampoo is a really good idea. This one was fabulous and actually did such a good job, I didn't even need conditioner on my ends.
3. Josie Maran Argan Daily Moisture SPF 40. This is my normal daily moisturizer, so I already knew it smells amazing, absorbs quickly, protects, and doesn't break me out. As an added bonus, it didn't run and get in my eyes (I've had major issues with this happening before) when the sun was beating down full force. Sephora sells a .5 oz mini version of the full sized bottle for $14 bucks, which is perfect for tucking into a small bag.
4. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. I can't stop gushing about this powder! It gives you the most beautiful finish, never cakes or looks overly powdery, and works wonders to control an oily t-zone. This is going to be the first powder I hit pan on in years.
5. Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Exposed. My sweet Floridian orange blossom Alison at 10AM Beauty reviewed this blush in March and I ended up buying it this month. She wasn't kidding; this blush is AMAZING. It's a perfect natural pinky-brown color that never looks muddy and refuses to fade away throughout the day. I haven't stopped using it since I bought it!
6. MUA Undressed Palette. This handy-dandy little beaut fits into a travel makeup bag like a champ and offers twelve beautiful neutrals in matte and pearlescent shades. This is one of my favorite buys of the year! See my full review and swatches here.
7. Cover Girl LashBlast Clump Crusher Water-Resistant Mascara. LOVE. Anyone planning on spending time at a beach, pool, water park, or humidity-saturated city (ahem...cough cough...like anywhere south of the North Pole after July 1st) should pick this up! It stayed put on my lashes through 5 hours of swimming and sweating (which I couldn't believe) and it all came off with soap and water! There were no crusty bits remaining! I was thrilled because the one thing I failed to pack was eye makeup remover.
8. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer in Medium/Deep. I definitely got enough color that I didn't necessarily *need* a bronzer, but this worked extremely well to even out my complexion without any added sparkle. Plus it smells like chocolate, which means it's extra fly. Full review and swatches here.
9. Urban Decay Glinda Palette. Not only is this a great array of shadows, but it contains a mini 24/7 eye liner AND a big mirror, which comes in handy when you're getting ready at a dining room table (with a pineapple base, natch), nowhere near a wall mirror. Full review and swatches here.
10. Jack Black SPF 25 Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Lemon & Chamomile. This is probably my all-time favorite lip balm. It smells like Fruit Loops, provides SPF 25 without the grainy feel or white cast, and only costs $7.50 for a tube that lasts me months. If you've ever experienced sunburned lips (*raises hand*), you know it's awful. My lips were well protected with this puppy in my bag!
Are you going on a trip this summer? What are your must-haves?