Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dolphins & Diamonds: A Wildly Decent Proposal

As most of you know, I'd previously posted that my boyfriend Jason and I were heading off to Florida's dolphin dreamland Discovery Cove last week. Aside from getting to live out my lifelong dream of swimming with dolphins, my wonderful blackberry-cobbler-a-la-mode-of-a-man just happened to plan the whole trip around the most amazing and perfect surprise proposal in ze world!

There I was, thinking "This day could simply NOT get any better!"; the Floridian sun was shining, the cabana he booked was an oasis of relaxation, and I'd just smooched a dolphin named Rose. I felt that my life had very little room for improvement at that moment.


Little did I know, Jason had pre-arranged with secret squirrel stealthy-ness to have Rose the dolphin bring me a very special buoy. As soon as the trainer told me Rose was "bringing me something", I thought, "OHMYGOSH! OHMYGOSH! IS THIS IT?! IS HE PROPOSING RIGHT HERE IN THIS DOLPHIN POOL?!?!?!?!?!". Jason took the buoy from Rose and, grinning from ear to ear, asked...


"Kristen, will you do me the honor of marrying me?"

YES!



After we left the dolphin pool, the Discovery Cove dolls led us back to our cabana. There we found a photographer and videographer, and my engagement ring set up on a pedestal (literally!) surrounded by lush tropical flowers. Jason got down on one knee and asked me to marry him (again, lol)!


It certainly adds a touch of humor to think that I'd never once envisioned myself not wearing pants when my special proposal day finally came along!


Thank you from the bottom of my heart to my now fiancée Jason for giving me the most incredibly special and perfect proposal that I could've ever imaged. The ring he picked out is beyond stunning; it makes me feel giddy and loved beyond my wildest dreams every time I look at it.


I love you Jason Bartholomew, and I can't wait to marry you!


No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!