Friday, December 28, 2012

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

Gone GirlGone Girl by Gillian Flynn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I don't even know the proper way to review this book. It was seriously CRAZY! The first part is interesting, you have no idea whether or not the husband is involved in the disappearance of his wife, you waffle back and forth wondering if he snapped and is just lying when he says he's innocent. Then comes the second half of the book and you're thinking, "HOLY S--T BALLS!", right from the start. The psycho levels of one character are unmatched. Parts of this book reminded me of a really suspenseful, movie-quality episode of Law & Order: SVU, the kind that ends with a palpable "dun-dunnnnnn". I was REALLY disappointed with the ending, that one particular character's crazy ass "won", when I wanted that character locked up for life. Other than that, it's a haunting tale of calculation that will stay with you for days after you finish reading it.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!