Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Kin by Kealan Patrick Burke

KinKin by Kealan Patrick Burke
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Wow. This book was incredible. At times, extremely difficult to read due to some of the horrifying content, but the writing and the characters were excellent. The writing, oh my goodness, can this man WRITE?! I thought he'd become the next Stephen King after I read "The Turtle Boy", and after reading numerous other books and novellas by Burke, I remain convinced. His talent for capturing emotion on paper is immense and I only hope he continues to write like crazy. This book had the feel, for me, of The Silence of the Lambs; that constant state of not being able to remotely predict what's coming next. Terror, despair, repulsion, misguided faith, loyalty, tension, treachery, redemption - this book has it all.
View all my reviews

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!