Sunday, April 21, 2013

WIMB? | Office Edition


Some mornings just don't go your way.  Maybe your alarm didn't go off.  Maybe on your way out of the kitchen, you tripped and dumped the entire contents of your coffee mug down the front of your shirt.  Maybe your kids refused to get dressed or Felix and Fido got into a nasty brawl!  Life is full of surprises and all you can do is expect the unexpected.  There will be days when you're going to need to slap yourself together in record time in the office bathroom or behind the closed door of your office, so I think it's a great idea to keep a backup beauty bag in your desk drawer.  That way, you'll always have it if you need it and you won't have to spend time tossing what you need into a bag and taking it with you to work.  See also: forgetting makeup bag at work...thus causing more trouble for you the next morning when you remember and panic!  Here's what's in mine!

Goody Bobby Pin Storage Pack: 75 pins in a small flip top container = the best $2.50 I've ever spent!

L'Occitane Fleur Chérie Hand Cream: Any hand cream would work, but I'm partial to this one because it hydrates well, sinks in quickly, and smells like freshly washed laundry (one of my all-time favorite scents)!

Chloe Eau de Parfum mini: Though it's certainly not a necessity, having a mini or a rollerball of your favorite perfume is a great mood booster!

Cover Girl AquaSmooth Compact Foundation: This is a medium buildable coverage foundation that starts out as a cream and dries down to a matte powder finish when smoothed over the skin.  The fact that it's not a liquid (which may require a sponge or foundation brush for some) or a powder that could crack and leak all over the inside of your bag is a big plus.  It's sleek size and the included sponge that's tucked neatly away inside make it a great choice for a makeup bag.

Cover Girl Clean Pressed Powder (Normal Skin): It's never a bad idea to have a powder in your arsenal to tamp down the mid-day shine.  I love the clean Noxema scent of this one!

Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer: This thick concealer stick gets the job done, whether it's covering dark circles, redness, or blemishes.  The stick form is great because it's highly unlikely to break and leak in your bag.

Cover Girl Cheekers Blush in Pretty Peach: I remain convinced that the Cheekers Blushes are some of the best drugstore blushes out there!  This shade in particular is a nice peachy pink that would be flattering across many skin tones.  It comes with a brush but as you can see I misplaced mine, so I threw a small blush brush into my bag.

Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara: I've been a fan of this mascara for years because the lash catching mini brush really grabs and coats every lash, which is important if you're as deficient as me in the eyelash department!  This mascara doesn't clump and the skinny brush really allows you to get in close to the lashline without accidentally bumping your eyelid and leaving a mess.

Speaking of makeup messes, though it's not pictured, I always have a travel pack of Huggies Wipes handy at work and at home.  They are SO convenient and great for cleaning foundation off your hands or fixing any makeup mishaps (like mascara smudges)!

Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in Sable: This is a great twist-up pencil liner that stays put all day.  You may not have time for 4-step eyes, but liner's quick and has a big impact at defining your eyes.

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm SPF 25: Everyone needs a lip balm they can count on!  That's my slogan!  For me, Jack Black's my main squeeze. ;)  If you're more of a lipstick or gloss person, it can't hurt to keep a spare of your favorite shade in your work beauty bag.

I also threw in an eyelash curler because my straight lashes are invisible without using one!

What's in your work beauty bag?  What do you reach for most during the work day? 


6 comments :

  1. Nice! I like how everything is drugstore that way if you lose it, or some fiendish coworker finds your stash and "borrows' it you haven't lost something more expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Exactly! You're definitely reapin' what I'm sowin', Trace! :)

      Delete
  2. You take quite a bit of stuff with you! Let's see, what do I take with me... A tiny black eye pencil, loose mattifying powder, lip balm and lipstick, and hand cream. So not a lot :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Yes, what can I say? I like to be prepared for anything! ;)

      Delete
  3. I love that you are using so much drugstore makeup! I wear a ton of drugstore face makeup, and I'm happy as long as it looks good and doesn't make me break out! My new favorite is the Covergirl & Olay undereye concealer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard the Cover Girl + Olay concealer is really good! I'd love to see your review! :)

      Delete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!