Sunday, August 9, 2015

Beauty Influencer’s Sunday Column Vol.13: ​What are popular makeup trends in your country and do you follow them?

BISC Vol.13
What are popular makeup trends in your country and do you follow them?
bisc-vol13-authors-2
KRISTEN | USA | Glambunctious
“Strobing” seems to be very popular right now, though I don’t think the trend is unique to the United States.  Strobing is basically using only highlighter with no contouring.  Since I have oily skin and the weather where I live is very hot and humid right now, I end up strobing by default at the end of the day.  No highlighter needed! 😉
TRACY | USA | Swaybeauty
I am aware of trends due to reading blogs, articles on the internet, YouTube and beauty magazines however if I don’t think they are conducive to my daily routine I will not incorporate them.  For example I jumped on the contouring bandwagon (which really never worked out for me) but when strobing, baking, and cooking came along I didn’t pay it much attention.  Right now it’s all about natural, no makeup makeup which is what I’ve always practiced so I guess I’m inadvertently following them.
ANNE | Germany | Linda, Libra, Loca
To be honest, I am not good at following trends.
With the change of seasons I will try and get an overview on what is hot right now, but for the blog more than for personal reasons. (Read the latest edition here) The one big thing around here at the moment seems to be “Strobing”, and as I will always be a powder girl at heart, I really cant say I am following this trend.
RAE | Canada | the Notice: a beauty blog
Canada is still working on carving out its own little niche in the beauty world, so our makeup trends are pretty much the same as the ones in the US. Right now, I feel like the major trends are (of course) highlighting and contouring, and while I do do both on a daily basis, I’m doing them the same way I always have — subtly and in very cool tones, which, for some reason, is inexplicably a very not on-trend thing to be doing! 😉
JAA | Thailand | Hello Jaa
I have not been back to Thailand long enough to know for sure but from my observation, makeup styles that make you look “doll-like” seem to be preferred by Thai women. Circle lens (to make your eyes appear bigger), fluttery lashes, big brows (and tattooed brows) are pretty common. Another thing a lot of Thai women aspire to have is a pale (or white) complexion as I literally see hundreds of skin-whitening products being sold at pretty much every beauty store. I rarely wear circle lens but I do wear falsies and big brows occasionally. Skin whitening is not my priority but I do use some to lighten my acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
[Interested in joining BISC Network? Send your request to jaa*at*hellojaa.com]

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!