Tuesday, January 5, 2010

New Relaxing Sanctuary

Jason and I painted our bedroom this weekend and we could not be more happy with the results! The base paint of the apartment is this grody pale causcasian flesh tone peach, reminiscent of a vegetarian Vermont vampire. I'm pretty sure anyone would prefer just plain WHITE over the "Peach Parfait Party" color the management company decided on...but that's fine b/c we are armed with paint rollers and staunch determination. I love the new paint color - it's called Cloudburst (by Behr) and it's a deep greenish-blueish hybrid o' joy. It dried super fast and only required 1 coat - bonus! Alas, our bedroom is now a cozy, relaxing, lovely place, whereas before, it was just a room containing our bed, a deluxe television set and several seasons of "The Closer" on DVD.



7 comments :

  1. WOW!!!!!! I am so impressed!!! What an amazing color! Every thing looks much more posh and popping. Warmth has been added too! make me want to get out the paintbrushes myself. Your description of everything was sooo funny. I would be rolling on the floor laughing but the pictures calmed me down. Freakin fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilary Duff has that same type of star hanging over her bed in her music video...you know, the one about rain or some shizz.

    Wyatt we are rolling! Next up, the "great room", so to speak. I'll be your huckleberry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice calming colors. A huge improvement. I keep wanting to re-paint my apartment, which I'm allowed to do, but I would it would be a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LaV-thanks!! I'm so glad you like it, and the comments had you LOL-ing, as the kids say! :)

    Jason-no more Hilary Duff videos for you, my friend! ;-)

    Morty-I am a supreme painter! I can tape it off, cut it in and roll it on with precision and ease. I'm available to help you if you'd like! Painting party, eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh snap! Painting followed by shenanigans or bowling, which equals shenanigans anyway.

    A very good idear indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES. We must have a painting/bowling party. Or just drunk shenanigans. When is our next bowling date?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perhaps we can plan on something for the following weekend since K-belle and I are furloughed on 1/15. Obvs, we'll be recovering from "hockey" shenanigans on 1/15, but 1/16 might could work just fine! We'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!