Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dog on It (A Chet & Bernie Mystery) by Spencer Quinn

Dog on It (A Chet and Bernie Mystery, #1) Dog on It by Spencer Quinn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This was a truly fun read! I wasn't sure how a book written from a dog's POV would read, but it was great! The book charmingly and subtly illustrates the reasons dogs are such beloved companions: they have a uncanny zest for everyday life, a zany curiosity about everything and love thier people unconditionally. There were several lines that left me cracking up and had to be read aloud to Jason. The day after I finished reading it, I'd already loaned it out to my Mom. A book this enjoyable should definitely be shared! I will definitely read more of this series.

View all my reviews >>

I also loved the fact that the P.I.'s name was 'Bernie Little' and the name of his practice was the 'Little Detective Agency'. Ha! There is also a talking bird mentioned a handful of times named Cap'n Crunch, and that is just humorous.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!