Sunday, May 24, 2015

Birthday Musings | Napoleon Dynamite, "Yeah!", and a Lipstick-Infused Thanks!

Today is my 35th birthday!  I don't even know how that happened.  The last time I checked, I was 24, cruisin' down the street to Outkast's "The Way You Move" and Usher's "Yeah!", thinking about checking out that new MTV movie "Napoleon Dynamite"!

That was 2004, you guys.  11 years ago.  Velour leisure pants were the height of casual fashion.  A website called Facebook had just launched.  We were so into this crazy new TV show called "Lost", and catfish wasn't yet a verb.
My friend Colin and I meeting Jason Mraz (center) at Music Midtown 2004 (Shoutout to my temporary Jose Cuervo tat!) 
That momentary flashback is just to illustrate how quickly time flies, and how important it is to enjoy the small moments in life like grabbing a bite to eat at a new restaurant, watching birds, reading a hilarious book, or going for a walk.  Lately I've been focusing more on living offline and it's been fantastic.  I've been so content lately spending my free time with family and friends and enjoying some of my old hobbies like reading, watching movies, and (gasp!) exercising.  I think I've finally found the balance I need to be my happiest.  I still make time to catch up on my favorite blogs and YouTubers, as well as write new content for glambunctious, but it no longer dominates my spare time like it once did.  I finally took to heart that life is fleeting and what really matters to me is time spent laughing together with my husband, my mom, and my friends.  That being said, I still love to blog, but I've found ways to be more efficient at it so I still have time for the other things I enjoy.

You girls have always supported me, my blog, and my blogging habits.  I can't thank you ladies enough for your wonderfully witty comments, inspiration, and love!  Without you guys, this blog wouldn't bring me the happiness that it does because the true joy in it is connecting with you!
As a way to say thanks in a small way, I'm giving away 3 of my favorite MAC lipsticks (2 of which are dressed up in lovely limited edition packaging) to one of you wonderful people!

MAC Modesty (Cremesheen)
MAC Rebel (Satin) - Heirloom Mix Collection
MAC Goddess of the Sea (Cremesheen) - Alluring Aquatic Collection
To enter, simply leave a comment on this post telling me one offline activity or hobby that brings you a lot of joy.  I'll pick a winner on May 31st by Random.org and contact them by email.  This giveaway is open internationally.
Thank you all for bringing so much enjoyment into my life!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!