Sunday, May 31, 2015

Loves & Lemons | May 2015

What is Loves & Lemons?  A compilation of the best - and worst - products that I encountered during the previous month.  Read on to see what I loved and what didn't quite measure up!  Be sure to share your loves and lemons in the comments below!

This is my favorite deodorant.  I have others, but this month, I've reached for this again and again.  It's not an anti-perspirant, so it doesn't stop perspiration; it simply keeps your pit scent in check.  On fleek?  #pitsonfleek  I just love it's gel-like feel and it's never caused any kind of skin reaction for my highly sensitive underarms.  While I'm not sure I can make it through an entire summer on deodorant alone, I love this one by Arm & Hammer and will wear it with pride until the pits cry out for AP amidst the humidity and sizzling temps.

I finally get it.  After months of my social media feeds being saturated with ColourPop crazy and numerous raves from bloggers and vloggers I love, I finally investigated the line properly.  ColourPop is a new, L.A.-based company that believes quality cosmetics shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.  Their lipsticks and eyeshadows are $5.00 USD each (!!!), and their blushes, bronzers, and highlighters are $8.00 USD each.  Super Shock Cheeks come in 24 shades and 3 finishes (matte, satin, and pearlized).  I picked up Birthday Suit and it's an absolute beaut!  The texture is like nothing else I've ever experienced; similar to a mousse but not?  Words escape me.  I apply Birthday Suit to my cheeks with a few circular motions of a finger and it stays put all day.  No sliding, no fading.  So happy with this purchase!
Image via ColourPop | Swatches on 3 different skin tones
Ever since I got my hair cut, I have been LOVING this volumizing dry shampoo!  It gives my fine hair an instant lift and makes it look freshly washed and styled.  It's like a hairdo reviver in a can.    

This shampoo smells SO INCREDIBLY GOOOOOOD!  Like a coconut gangsta party!  It leaves my hair hydrated enough that I can skip conditioner if I choose (and now that my hair is 5" shorter, I can actually get a comb through it without conditioner!  MAGIQUE!), but it doesn't make it oily or weighed down.  I talked my husband into trying it and he loves it!  This shampoo leaves my hair feeling like the healthiest version of itself.

This product is beyond genius.  It's a retinoid OIL: so while the retinol is penetrating your skin, working it's magic to reduce fine lines, dark spots, and large pores, the cold pressed chia, avocado, and concord grape seed oils hydrate your skin and keep the retinoid from aggravating it.  I've been using it for about 6 weeks and my skin is smooth and bright, and looks better than ever before.  And there's been absolutely zero redness, itching, or peeling!  Expect a full review ASAP!

This smells like watermelon wonders, but it doesn't last longer than an hour on my lips and isn't hydrating enough.  To me, this is more of an oil veil than a classic lip balm.  If you love watermelon-scented products and only need moderate moisture, this balm might be a love for you.

What were your May Loves & Lemons?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!