Sunday, June 7, 2015

EMPTIES! #7 | May 2015

Here's what I finished in May!

I love these travel minis because you can try different scents without committing to a large bottle.  I finished both the Bourbon Strawberry & Vanilla and Georgia Peach & Sweet Tea.  I liked them but I wasn't in love with them.  Of the two, I preferred the Bourbon Strawberry one.

Bumble and bumble Seaweed Shampoo
This "mild, moisturizing, daily shampoo" from B and b didn't really do much for my hair.  It seemed very basic and just didn't wow me.  If you have fine hair like I do and want to try a Bumble and bumble shampoo, I'd recommend the Creme de Coco.  It's hydrating without adding weight and it smells beautiful.

Burt's Bees Ultra Moisturizing Lip Treatment with Kokum Butter
This is okay.  It's nowhere near as long-lasting or hydrating as Bite Agave Lip Mask, Glossier Balm Dotcom, Nivea Lip Butter, or MAC Lip Balm Tube.  You can get Nivea Lip Butter for the same price and it lasts a lot longer and (for me) is more intensely hydrating.
Caudalie Deep Cleansing Exfoliator
I've had this forever!  The scrub is very fine, doesn't dissolve easily, and polishes my skin without being remotely harsh.  I feel like this the perfect balance of delivery agent and exfoliant, and the tube lasted me AGES. [EDIT: I just learned that this scrub contains polyethylene microbeads, which are very harmful for the environment and have already been banned in several states and countries around the world.  There is a push to pass Federal legislation here in the U.S. to ban them completely.  If you want to know if you own products that contain microbeads, look for polyethylene or polypropylene on the ingredients list.  Here is a current list of products containing microbeads.  Companies like Lush have already reformulated their products and are microbead free, and numerous companies have pledged to phase them out completely, including giants like Beiersdorf, Unilever and Johnson & Johnson.  If you'd like to watch the video that made me decide to stop buying products containing microbeads, it is here.]

Glossier Balm Dotcom | Review
One of my absolute favorite lip balms of life!  Ultra thick, unscented and taste-free, and lasts overnight.  Balm Dotcom is a definite lip savor.

MAC Lord It Up Pearlglide Intense Eye Liner
I have a Love/Pain relationship with this beauty.  Sometimes I wear it and it's nothing but blue skies, lavender unicorns, and winking mermaids.  Other times, the micro glitter in the formula migrates into my eye (I'm not tightlining with it - just using it on the lid) and it's a day of irritated peepers.  Sigh, this liner is literally my favorite.  The rich shimmery brown shot through with gold micro glitter looks stunning on; I wore this on my wedding day and it didn't bother my eyes at all.  However, the last few wears have been bringing the pain, so I'm retiring the nub and don't plan to repurchase.  In my lengthly hunt for a dupe, Urban Decay Bourbon 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil comes the closest to the shade and formula and doesn't bother my eyes.  Clinique Chocolate Lustre Cream Shaper for Eyes is also similar; though it's missing the intense golden shimmer, it also lacks the irritation factor.  
Suvana Organic Paw Paw & Honey Balm
This 100% natural, petroleum-free balm made from papaya extract and honey was a life-saver for me during the fall and winter when nothing seemed to soothe my skin, especially my underarms.  I took this with me to Arizona in November and ended up using it as a body butter because my skin was THAT dry.  It's VERY thick (similar to Aquaphor in texture), so for me, it's more of a cold weather product.  

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rapture | Review/Collection Post
Aw!  Sad to see this one come to a close as it's one of my favorite lipsticks.  I will definitely be repurchasing this shade.

What did you finish in May?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!