Sunday, June 28, 2015

Review! | Bite Beauty PECAN Butter Cream Lipstick

Think a pigmented lipstick can't possibly be as creamy as pudding and as comfy to wear as your slinky modal pajama pants?  Let me introduce you to the most amazing full pigment lipstick I've ever owned: Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Pecan.  Not only can she leap tall buildings in a single pass, she also reaches 100% color opacity in a single swipe!  While still remaining comfy!
These are not the kind of high pigment lipsticks that leave your lips feeling parched and powdery.  Pecan feels like a cushion of creamy hydration has just been locked and loaded on my lips. Hours later, when most of my other lipsticks have faded and my lips start alerting me to seek balm immediately, my lips are happy.  But sure, they'd love it if I reapplied Pecan.  Because to them, lip balm and Pecan have the same consistency and results: hydrated lips that are quite pleased with life!
All of the Butter Creams are "Hand Cut".  Bite literally cuts each lipstick by hand and places a little wax paper seal over the end.  They do this because they want you to start the lipstick experience at the rich, creamy core of the tube, not at the waxy tip of the bullet.  The lipstick is supremely creamy (but never so slippery that it maraudes outside of my lip lines), so maybe they're onto something here.  I will say that without a traditional bullet point, it could make these harder to maneuver on smaller lips.  Check them out in store if you're not sure.  I haven't had any issues with application, but you guys know I have pretty big lip honkers. ;)

I was a little concerned that Pecan, described as a "warm, dusty pink", would be a bit too light for me, but it turned out to be a perfect MLBB shade.
 
I did a few comparison swatches since this type of dusty pinky-brown color is well represented in my stash for it's ease of wear and ability to match any makeup look I decide to do.  Pecan is warmer, less pink, and more luminous than NARS Anita Audacious Lipstick.  Pecan is creamier and more opaque than Urban Decay Naked Revolution Lipstick.
Bite Pecan | NARS Anita | UD Naked | UD Rush | MAC Viva Glam V | UD Fiend

Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipsticks come in 8 gorgeous MLBB shades ranging from neutral pinks to cocoa-riffic browns.  If you've ever avoided full coverage lipsticks because you have dry lips, Bite Beauty Butter Creams are definitely worth checking out.

W H E R E  T O  B U Y
Have you tried anything from Bite Beauty?  Y'all know I have the serious feels for their Agave Lip Mask.  What's your favorite creamy, full-coverage lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!