Monday, July 8, 2013

Mani Monday: OPI Couture de Minnie Runway Minnies Set





This week's Mani Monday is brought to you by...my Mom!  Who is awesome.  Might as well call her Bomb instead of Mom.  Because she is.  She surprised me with the OPI Couture de Minnie Runway Minnies (love that wordplay), $12.95 at ULTA, and I had to share them with you!
According to OPI, the Couture de de Minnie collection draws inspiration from Minnie’s iconic style and incorporates trends most recently seen on the runways, from standout shades to fun textural elements.  This one is different from last summer's OPI Vintage Minnie collection, with new colors and even a liquid sand textured polish thrown in.
The Runway Minnies includes A Definitely Moust-Have (fuchsia creme), Chic from Ears to Tail (bubblegum pink creme), Magazine Cover Mouse (red liquid sand), and Innie Minnie Mightie Bow (crimson pearl).  The only polish not found in this mini set from the Couture de Minnie collection is Minnie Style (white and red glitter in a clear base).  I think these mini sets from OPI are awesome.  I mean, realistically, how many full sized bottles of polish are you going to be able to finish?  These mini bottles are a perfect way to sample the collection without spending $9.00 USD a pop, and they make great travel companions as they are perfect for tucking away into a makeup bag or purse without weighing it down.
OPI Cajun Shrimp, OPI A Definite Moust-Have mini
Innie Minnie Mightie Bow (crimson pearl) applies like a dream.  You can actually get away with one coat!  It's a lovely pearlized red that looks really rich in sunlight.

Magazine Cover Mouse (red liquid sand) was the polish I was most excited about as I've recently discovered that I harbor a hunk o' burnin' love for textured finishes.  I used 2 coats in the photos for this post, and because I like things shiny, I did finish it off with a top coat.  OPI encourages you not to use a top coat and enjoy the matte finish with sparkle (it's pretty and kind of hard to explain), but I like SHINE!  This color will definitely be making it's way onto my tips and toes during the holiday season.  :)
Innie Minnie Mightie Bow, Magazine Cover Mouse, A Definite Moust-Have, Chic from Ears to Tail
A Definitely Moust-Have (fuchsia creme) was the hardest color to capture on film.  In person, it's a pop of watermelon pinky-red that's a great summer color!  Easy, 2 coat coverage and a delectable smattering of pearl that's only visible in direct sunlight, I can see why this one is a cult favorite of bloggers!

Chic from Ears to Tail (bubblegum pink creme) is lovely, but required some dedication and time.  It took 4 coats to achieve full coverage (I think it actually could've used a 5th after seeing how it photographed) and was a bit of a streaky wanker.  That being said, it is a pretty warm pink that will suit a lot of skin tones.  
Innie Minnie Mightie Bow, Magazine Cover Mouse, A Definite Moust-Have, Chic from Ears to Tail
How's your Monday going so far?  Did you have a good weekend?  It rained on and off all weekend here (AGAIN).  It's starting to wear on us, as we are generally a sunny region.  We suffer from draughts, not floods!  It's getting a bit ridiculous.  It's like Seattle during the rainy season, only without the backdrop of breathtaking green forests, Mount Rainier, amazing coffee shops, and Pike Place Market.  Basically it's like waking up every morning to a wet dog lying on your bed: not the best way to start your day.  Hope the weather's been better in your neck o' the woods!  
Speaking of Seattle, I've gotten completely sucked into the AMC show The Killing!  I'm halfway through season 1 and I'm loving it!  It's based on a Danish television series called Forbrydelsen ("The Crime") and it's really moody, set in Seattle, and the acting is amazing.  Another solid TV recommendation from my Mom! 

I hope you have a great week and get a lot accomplished!  Party on, Wayne!

9 comments :

  1. Moust-Have is sooo pretty! A perfect summer color indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't often happen that I like every single shade in a collection, but in this case I really do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute set! I'm not normally a fan of red and pink nail polishes, but I like the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TracyBeautyReflectionsJuly 8, 2013 at 12:01 PM

    My hubby keeps telling me I need to watch The Killing. Now I will since you like it! :)
    Couture Minnie freaks me out-no likey. :) But the shades of polish are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, A! It would look groovetown next to your lovely tan complexion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is a definite score! Congrats on your move and getting your place set up! I will send you good job vibes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Sunny! Enjoy your time in Taipei! Can't wait to hear how it was - and what makeup (if any!) stood up to the humidity! I know you're going some fun stuff to report back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! You're hilarious! Couture Minnie freaks you out! I also love that you will now watch The Killing b/c I said it's fantastic! Tell your hubby it was all because of his recommendation, lol! You will love it. If you like Bates Motel, it's has the creepy / moody factor and the story just sucks you in!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TracyBeautyReflectionsJuly 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM

    I mean HELLO look at her? A mouse should not look like that AHAHA! SHe's even doing a DUCK FACE/LIPS pursing thing! NO! LOL!!
    I like Bates Motel! :) Are you kidding? Tell him he was RIGHT???? LOL hahaha I can't do that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!