Sunday, July 14, 2013

REVIEW! | Too Faced Honey Bear La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream


What kind of lipstick person are you?  Do you prefer a long-wearing formula that isn't quite so comfy to a more balm-like lipsick that needs frequent touch-ups?  In my dream world, all lipsticks would be comfortable to wear, non-drying, and long-lasting.  Until that day arrives, Too Faced's La Creme Color Drenched Lip Creams, $21.00 USD, are an excellent option for those of you who love the look of lip color but aren't big on the drying effect some shades have on your lips.
The La Creme line is made up of twenty shades, from subdued to smokin', containing lotus flower extract and peptides to keep the lips moisturized and happy.  Too Faced is a cruelty free brand and the La Cremes are Vegan friendly and free of parabens.
The packaging is a gold metal twist tube with the Too Faced logo on the side.  Since it's a brushed metal, it doesn't hold finger prints.  Yay!  These are taste-free and have a slight sent of Danish butter cookies (I.E. YUMSSSS) when first applied that fades almost immediately.
I choose Honey Bear based on the shade description ("Toasted Mauve"), blogger swatches, and the adorable name.  I mean, come on.  It's cute.  I'd certainly rather tell someone I was wearing "Honey Bear" over "Sexy Sangria Serenade" or "Bend Me, Shape Me Chartreuse", ya know?!  When I opened the packaged and saw the color in the tube, I was pretty excited.  It's one of those awesome online shopping wins where you pick out the perfect shade for yourself!  On me, it darkens my natural lip color to this flattering rosy brown with flecks of golden shimmer that catch the light.  I LOVE this lip color!  It lasts me three hours before it's time to reapply, and it's so comfortable.  It's RIGHT up there with lip balm!  Like a balm, you do give up some wear time as a trade-off for the more moisturizing formula.  Personally, that's a trade I'll happily make to avoid dry, ragged lips that need time in lip ICU (I.E. lip scrub followed by half a tub of balm). 
1 swipe / 3 swipes
Honey Bear can be applied sheer or you can build it up with multiple swipes.  
Shoutout to The Killer B's, Brian and Blair, looking chipper on their
holiday card!
At the end of the day, my lips don't feel sapped of hydration like they sometimes do after a day of wearing lipstick.  This has become my absolute favorite lip color that goes everywhere with me!  Since this is neutral color, I can wear it anywhere, during any season.  I am head over heels for Honey Bear!  

Have you tried any of the Too Faced La Creme line?  

My Rating: A+
Cost: $21.00 USD
Where to Buy: Too Faced, Sephora

8 comments :

  1. Hey Kristen, mauve-y shades look SO good on you, and this is no exception! I'm so intrigued by these now that you have really raved about them! I just need to pick up a shade that speaks to me soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TracyBeautyReflectionsJuly 15, 2013 at 2:15 PM

    You look mauvelicious!! So pretty!!! It's perfect on you! I've never tried these yet-but I want to now! So creamy and yummy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thank you, T-Money! :) I'm definitely a fan of these - super creamy and dreamy. I think you'd likey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much, Sunny One! :) You should; they have a color for everyone! Hopefully there's a coral that's whispering your name, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The name of this is so cute & it looks super nice on you! I have been using a lot more brighter lip colors lately so I haven't really looked much into the neutrals, but I might just want this too! :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Killer B's!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much, Lisa! :) I love "easy" lipstick that I can reapply sans mirror and this one definitely fits the bill. You look FANTASTIC in bright lippies, btw!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!