Sunday, July 12, 2015

Beauty Influencer’s Sunday Column Vol.11: ​How do you ensure your makeup stay flawless all day?

BISC Vol.11
How do you ensure your makeup stay flawless all day?
BISC Vol.11 Authors
KRISTEN | USA | Glambunctious
In the heat and humidity of summer, my face gets much oilier so my routine is different than in the winter.  I cleanse my face in the morning with a cleanser containing kaolin clay, then I apply a serum foundation if I’m going out. My skin gets the tiny amount of moisture it needs from the foundation and stays pretty shine-free throughout the day. For years I applied moisturizer like all the experts recommend, and I’d wind up mopping oil off my face all day with blotting sheets and powder. My advice: you don’t have to follow “the rules.” Experiment!
MELISSA | Switzerland | Kiss & Make-up
One of my biggest make-up must-haves is a translucent setting powder that I can reapply throughout the day to take away shine and excess oil. Without it my face turns into a total oil slick after a couple of hours and whatever face make-up I applied in the morning will just slide off. To ensure that my eye make-up stays put from AM to PM I make sure that I don’t apply any skincare on my eyelids and I always use a good primer before applying my eyeshadow. As far as lips go I don’t mind touching up during the day, so I don’t really take any special measures there.
RAE | Canada | the Notice: a beauty blog
I’m not one for touchups, so I like to pick only products that (a) basically stay on until you die or (b) still look great as they fade. For base products, that means using only extremely pigmented products (like the Kevin Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer or theBalm timeBalm Concealer), using them sparingly, and buffing them REALLY REALLY WELL into the skin, followed by mineral powder concealer (for blemishes) and a setting powder.
For flawless eye makeup, I always wear tubing mascara (currently: Déjàvu Lash Up) and wear only gel or liquid liners.
SHEILA | Canada | Maddy Loves
I have dehydrated skin so I start off with properly moisturizing my skin so that foundation won’t “flake” off. I love using a non-silicone primer such as Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer, followed by my foundation of choice (currently Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow), topped with a light dusting of Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light for a bit of glow and oil control. Throughout the day, I blot whenever I feel a bit of oil surfacing, and then I reapply powder if needed. On eyes, I use an eye primer to help eyeshadow stay vibrant, longer.
JAA | Thailand | Hello Jaa
For face, I blot excess shine from my skincare before following with a mattifying primer such as the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. Next I apply a long-lasting base using a Beautyblender and really press it in the skin. I always finish everything off with a light dusting of loose powder. For eyes, I prime with a slightly matte eye primer before I do my eye makeup. For lips, I apply a lip liner all over the lips as a base for my lipstick. I also like to keep blotting sheets handy to get rid of excess oil when needed without disturbing my makeup.




[Interested in joining BISC Network? Send your request to jaa*at*hellojaa.com]

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!