Sunday, July 5, 2015

Loves & Lemons | June 2015

What is Loves & Lemons?  A compilation of the best - and worst - products that I encountered during the previous month.  Read on to see what I loved and what didn't quite measure up!  Be sure to share your loves and lemons in the comments below!

 
Bite Beauty Butter Cream Lipstick in Pecan | Review
This beautiful MLBB pink has been in heavy rotation this month.  The ultra creamy formula delivers full opacity without being drying.  A true lip treat!

JASÖN Calming Lavender Body Wash
Such a beautiful, tranquil scent; I look forward to using this every evening.  It soothes the senses and the skin with natural lavender and marigold extracts and nourishes with vitamin E and pro-vitamin B5.  I really do feel like this calms my nerves.  The scent lingers on the skin post-shower in the lightest, loveliest way.  I will definitely be purchasing the matching hand & body lotion A.S.A.P.  Shout out to Hannah / Gold Glitter Diaries for convincing me to buy this dreamy body wash!

NAILS INC. NAILKALE Superfood Base Coat
My mom introduced me to NAILS INC. a few years ago.  She dug their Caviar Top Coat for it's thick, glass-like finish and 45-second dry down.  I decided to try their anti-oxidant rich NAILKALE Superfood Base Coat when it was time for a new bottle of base.  Staining has been a huge problem for me in the past as I lurve my bold blues and reds.  I've been using the Superfood Base Coat for about 3 months now and my problems with staining are OVER. My nails are stronger; no breaking, splitting or peeling.  The Superfood Base Coat is the only thing I've changed in my home manicure routine, so I'm giving it all the cred!

Smith & Cult Birdie Num Num | Review
This polish is gorgeous both in formula and bottle design.  For me, there's nothing more summery than azure blue nail polish to remind me of clear, sunny skies!

Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar
Why I felt like I didn't need this palette when it debuted, I'll never know.  My friend Sarah / Tatt2s and Warpaint sent it to me after she did a major stash decluttering and I've used it nearly every day!  Nougat and Peanut Butter are the most amazing matte crease shades.  I love swiping Pudding or Rum Raisin on my lids and darkening the outer v with Hot Fudge for a super easy brown smoky eye.  Thank you for sending me this gem, Sarah!

Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk
This slayed my eyes.  I started thinking of it as the Take Your Eyes Off Cleansing Milk.  My eyes burned like a grease fire at Hardee's every time I used this.

Maybelline Eye Studio Master Precise Ink Eyeliner
I can only eke out a blip of a line on my lid before the brush tip runs out of juice.  I've tried getting the brush working on the back of my hand first and it still nets the same results on the lid.  This thing has no flow.  My LORAC Front of the Line PRO Liquid Eyeliner is around 2 years old and flows with perfection.  I bought this to replace the LORAC since it's so old, but the LORAC made the Maybelline look like a complete fool.  What's your favorite pen-style liquid liner?


NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita | Review
While the shade is lovely and the pigmentation is unstoppable, the dry, powdery texture is just not my cup of tea.

What were your June Loves & Lemons?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!