Sunday, July 19, 2015

Collection! | Purple Polishes



I've been slowly working on a little organization project.  I'm grouping my polishes together, painting each color on a nail wheel and writing the names on the back.  This way, I have an at-a-glance inventory of what each polish looks like once it's dry.  I can also just hold the wheel up to my own nail to see what a color looks like on me and pick a polish in a snap.  Swatching the polishes on nail wheels helps me pare down to the colors that really sing to me (Milani Orchidia, you're stunning!) and donate the ones that don't to friends and family.  I thought it might be fun to share my freshly categorized polishes with you along the way!  Purple is definitely one of my absolute favorite polish colors, so I have collected quite a few over the years.  Two coats of polish were applied to each nail, and no base or top coat was used.  Enjoy!

L to R: Sally Hansen Pep-Plum, Maybelline Fuchsia Fever, Revlon Up the Ante, L'Oreal Violette, Essie Splash of Grenadine, Maybelline Lust for Lilac, L'Oreal Hint of Lavender, Chanel Sweet Lilac, Essie Go Ginza, NCLA Let Them Eat Cake, Sally Hansen Grape Gatsby, Milani Orchidia, NCLA Pick Me Up at Melrose Place, Wet n Wild On A Trip, CoverGirl Vio-Last
Grape Gatsby | Orchidia | Pick Me Up at Melrose Place | On A Trip | Vio-Last
Grape Gatsby | Orchidia | Pick Me Up at Melrose Place | On A Trip | Vio-Last 
Splash of Grenadine | Lust for Lilac | Hint of Lavender | Sweet Lilac | Go Ginza | Let Them Eat Cake
Splash of Grenadine | Lust for Lilac | Hint of Lavender | Sweet Lilac | Go Ginza | Let Them Eat Cake
Pep-Plum | Fuchsia Fever | Up the Ante | Violette
Pep-Plum | Fuchsia Fever | Up the Ante | Violette

What color is most heavily represented in your polish stash?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!