Sunday, July 26, 2015

FIVE FAVE! | Lip Balms

Ah, lip balms.  My constant companion since childhood.  I still remember the excitement of opening a new Bonne Bell Lip Smacker or swiping on a coat of the refreshingly zingy Blistex Medicated Lip Balm as a little girl.  That being said, I've tried hundreds of lip balms in my life.  The following five have exceeded my expectations and have all been repurchased time and time again.

Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask
My holy grail, ride-or-die, fave of life.  Agave Lip Mask is a super thick repairing salve.  I use this night and day, and I will re-buy-til-I-die. ;)

Glossier Balm Dotcom 
This is another thick, nutritious balm that lasts overnight.  It's unscented and taste-free, packed with extracts of cupuacu, rice bran and rosemary leaf, and the .5 oz tube lasts eons.

Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment
An absolute multi-use staple.  I'll always be loyal to Aquaphor because it healed the seatbelt bite I got from a car accident several years ago in about 3 days.  It looked like I fell off a skateboard and landed on my chest.  By day 3, it was almost entirely healed.  On day 5: what abrasions? :)

C.O. Bigelow My Favorite Night Balm
SO SMOOOOOTH.  Smells like vanilla cake.  Lasts overnight. What's not to love?  Big thanks to Tiffany for recommending this!

Bobbi Brown Lip Balm
Formulated with wheat germ, avocado and olive oils, this the spirit sister of Dior Crème de Rose.  They're similar in that they're both rose-scented and long-lasting on the lips, but Bobbi's rose scent is softer and less noticeable and the balm itself is creamier.  Oh and it's $8 cheaper than the Dior.

It was really hard for me to narrow this list down to five, and I just can't publish it without mentioning two other loves that are long-standing favorites: MAC Lip Conditioner (Tube) and Nivea Lip Butters (Review).  This post was inspired by Tiffany at Will Work For Makeup who recently shared her favorites.  I tip my hat to Tiffany not only for inspiring me to share my balm loves, but for introducing me to My Favorite Night Balm which quickly ascended through the balm rankings to make my Top Five list!

What are some of your all-time favorite lip balms?

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!