Tuesday, January 29, 2013

REVIEW! | NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion

NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion is described by the brand as a "sheer guava".  When I spotted it over the summer at Sephora, I trotted over to swatch it on my hand because the color was so vivid!  Much to my surprise, it was a sheer wash of light orange, not the blast of tangerine scream I was expecting!

NARS Love Devotion is basically a tinted lip balm.  Oh, but it's so much more fun than that!  It's a great sheer pop of orange that glides on weightlessly and feels decidedly balm-y on the lips.  On me, it lasts about 3 hours before the color and shine have faded and require another swipe from the tube.  It's VERY comfortable to wear, and because the color is so sheer, it makes for foolproof on-the-go application sans mirror.  I am a big fan of sheer lip products in general because I find true lipsticks a bit drying and hard to slap on without worrying about precision.    

NARS packaging is the BEST.  It's rubberized which makes for easy handling and better shock absorption should you accidentally drop it.  It's also sleek so it fits nicely into pockets, purses, and vanities.  I don't normally get that excited about packaging, but NARS' is hands-down la bamba

NARS Love Devotion is a "gateway orange".  It's a great way to test drive an orange lip without going full-on Jessica Alba at the Golden Globes before you're ready to take on tangerine!

My rating: A
Price: $24.00
Where to buy: NARS.com
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion - With Flash / NW 20 skin / Heavy/Light Swatch
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion - Natural Light / NW 20 skin / Heavy/Light Swatch
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion - With Flash
NARS Sheer Lipstick in Love Devotion - Indoor Lighting
Natural Lip / NARS Love Devotion


2 comments :

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!