Wednesday, March 6, 2013

REVIEW! | Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette

Have you still refused to *get Naked* with Urban Decay?  Are sparkly shadows just not something that makes you break into song and dance?  If you answered yes to either of those questions, do I have a recommendation for you.  In the words of Tony Montana, "Say hello to my little friend!"
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Urban Decay Naked Basics is a palette with six full-sized neutral shadows, including four brand new shades.  It contains five matte shadows and one "demi-matte" (Venus, an ivory satin).  These shades compliment each other superbly and the texture is buttery soft and smooth.  For matte shades, that's a true feat!  I picked mine up during the last Friends + Family Sale on the UD website.

The palette is quite compact - about half the size of the Naked or Naked2 palette - making it a perfect fit for your purse or makeup bag.  The compact has a suede-like coating that doesn't hold fingerprints and cleans up easily should you grab it with foundation-coated hands.
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette
The palette includes:
  • Venus (soft, off-white demi-matte)
  • Foxy (cream bisque matte)
  • Walk of Shame (very light nude matte)
  • Naked2 (taupe matte)
  • Faint (warm, dusty brown matte)
  • Crave (deepest, darkest brown/black matte)
Naked Basics - Taken by a window on an overcast day
Naked Basics - Flash
Naked Basics - Full Sun on NW 20 skin
Naked Basics - Flash on NW 20 skin
Want to see how these shades look on darker skin?  The answer?  Beautiful!  Check out Clumps of Mascara's review and swatches.
W.O.S., Naked 2, Faint 
Venus, W.O.S., Naked 2, Faint, Crave 
I love Naked Basics!  The shadows are top notch in the quality department and the palette itself is sleek and petite.  These shadows last me and my moderately oily lids 9-10 hours (without eyeshadow primer!) with no signs of creasing or fading.  This has become my go-to palette when I don't have time for "four-step eyes" but still want to look pulled together.  Naked Basics is the jam if you love matte neutrals that will literally never go out of style!

PS: Tomorrow I'll be posting a tutorial (my first one ever!) showing how to do a classic neutral look using Naked Basics!  I hope you'll check it out!  {Tutorial here}

My Rating: A+
Cost: $27.00
Where to buy: Urban Decay

6 comments :

  1. I love this palette too! It's so cute and portable!

    http://beautyinthebreakdown4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited for your first tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Me too! It was really fun! I think it's the post I've done that I'm most excited about so far! :D

      Delete
  3. I love my palette, too! Sometimes you just don't want to sparkle. I'm excited to see your first tutorial!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep thinking about getting this one, but haven't caved yet. Every time I swatch it I think it's so nice! But then I think I gotta have stuff like it already haha! Sigh....I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you need this. It's only a matter of time. Mwah ha ha! I kept thinking about it and saying "nah" b/c I mean, it's not the most thrilling color-wise (when there's hot pink nail polish and purple lipstick afoot). I am so glad I finally bought this b/c it's just perfect for days when you don't have time to get super creative with your eyes or you want to feature your lips or a bold blush but still want to look nice.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!