Tuesday, June 11, 2013

REVIEW! | Beautisol Dark Body Self-Tanner and Need I Glow More Face Self-Tanner for Normal - Dry - Sensitive Skin


Best. Self. Tanner. EVER.  And I've tried a LOT of self-tanners.  I've found my HG and I wanted to share it with you!

I first heard of Beautisol through one of my faves Amber at Beauty Junkies Unite.  She's a long time lover of this product and had the opportunity to go on HSN to demonstrate and talk about it with the founder Sinead Norineus (AKA The Queen of Self-Tanning and founding member of iFabbo).  I set up my DVR because how cool to see Amber on TV, right?!  I honestly had no plans to buy Beautisol; I just wanted to see one of my favorite bbloggers rockin' it live on the tube!  However, I was convinced Beautisol was the self-tanner I'd been looking for after only the first few minutes of the segment!  The results on the models, Sinead, and Amber were like WHOA, and I needed it!

I used to bake in the sun without any sunscreen and while I did go from Snow White to Pocahontas, I saw that my sun habit was leading to hyper pigmentation that didn't fade away after the sun set on summer.  In later years, I started to develop what I called the "sunstache", a nice term for melasma appearing above my mouth.  It took months to fade away.  The last straw was when I had to wear concealer on my upper lip for six months after my last sunbathing excursion.  That was a few years ago, and since then, I've worn SPF daily and avoided my previous inclinations to spend hours soaking up the sun without sunscreen.

While I know I'm doing positive things for my skin, I sometimes long for that golden bronze glow.  I've used many a self-tanner and never found one that looked believable, didn't smell to high heaven, and didn't lead to break outs.  That is, until I found Beautisol!

How is Beautisol different from other self-tanners?  It features Pure Scent Technology so it smells fresh and clean when applied and while it works.  There is no trace of that tell-tale "self-tanner stink" that calls to mind baked chicken with a side order of chemicals.  Beautisol smells GREAT!

The color is so natural looking and lasts me over a week, even with regular use of masks and scrubs.  One really important factor for me was that this face tanner did not break me out.  This is a first!!  Every facial tanner I've ever used has led to some kind of zit flare-up.  I've been using both the face and body tanner for 3 weeks and haven't had any issues.

You can see instant bronzing results, and the color fully develops after about 6-8 hours.  The mitt makes even application a breeze and keeps your hands clean.
It has a guide color, allowing you to see exactly where it's going.  I think anyone who's used self-tanners without a guide color can attest to the importance of this feature!  I know I've personally thought I did a bangin' job of blending in colorless tanner only to wake up the next day with splotches and streaks.
Guide color
Guide color
Before & Immediately After - No makeup (apologies for my brows - they need to be threaded again!)
Beautisol contains no parabens, propylene glycol, or sodium laureth/lauryl sulfate and is vegan and cruelty-free.  I purchased both the Complete Self-Tanning Kit featuring the Dark Body Self-Tanner and mitt for $24.90, and the Need I Glow More Facial Self-Tanner from HSN, and it's also available for purchase directly from Beautisol's site and Dermstore.com.

If you've been looking for a self-tanner that doesn't stink, streak, or lead to break outs, you should definitely give Beautisol a look!

My Rating: A+
Where to Buy: Beautisol, Dermstore, HSN

4 comments :

  1. TracyBeautyReflectionsJune 11, 2013 at 9:41 PM

    I tried this a long time ago and really liked it! I have to say that it was one of the best I've tried because it didn't stink. I can't stand that self-tanner stench. BLECCCCHH. But this one was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me either! I hate smelling like roasted poultry, lol! Or turning orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogs that have quality information like this are as precious as gold. You have given me much to think about in this blog. Thank you.
    New York Airbrush Tan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for give vastly nice info. Your web page is cool.I am impressed by the information that you have on this web page.

    Airbrush Tan NYC

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!