Sunday, June 2, 2013

REVIEW! | L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume


When I see L'Oreal's Magic Smooth Souffle Blush, I hear Devo!  "When a problem comes along, you must whip it!  Whip it good!"  If that problem happens to be a beauty stash sorely lacking in long wearing blush, L'Oreal's got the solution.  
L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
How do I feel about this blush?  Picture me with red cartoon hearts floating over my head, and you've got the right idea!

This magical cream-to-powder blush formula feels incredible.  It has the consistency of whipped butter!  Or Yoplait Whips!  It feels like I'm smoothing fluffy clouds onto my skin (if clouds felt the way they looked, of course).  It turns into a silky powder almost immediately which makes blending effortless.  It can be built up if you want more pow, but I find one application gives a fantastic naturally flushed look.  It has no discernible scent and the glass packaging gives it a more elegant feel and look.    

This formula stays put without fading or oxidizing all day long, regardless of what you're wearing it over.  I've worn it on top of bare skin, face primer, foundation, primer and foundation, and it stays locked n' loaded no matter what.  It's the longest-wearing cream product I've ever used.  I've been wearing this little gem for about 3 months and it continues to impress me.  I'd put it on my Top 10 list of all-time best drugstore finds!
L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
Plume is a lovely matte pinky brown; the kind of shade that a lot of people will find flattering.  When I swatched it, I thought the color looked a bit familiar to me.  Turns out, MAC Cremeblend blush in Brit Wit, a favorite of mine, is a close dupe.  I actually prefer the L'Oreal formula because it turns into a powder finish and sets more quickly.  The Magic Smooth Souffle Blush is also a dream product to layer powder blush or highlighter over because it considerably extends the wear time of anything you put on top of it.  
MAC Brit Wit / L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
Wearing L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume
My Rating: A+
Cost: $12.95 USD
Where to Buy: ULTA, drugstores (US)

8 comments :

  1. Hey Kristen, glad to hear you love this one so much! I'm not even sure if it's available here, but it looks promising for sure! Very natural and flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty shade and it looks great on you! I've always been curious about the texture of those... it looks like it would FEEL like a marshmallow (I sound insane I know)? -S

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so radiant, Kristen, waw! I love cream (or souffle, whatevah :-P) blushes. I wear powder blush too, but 7 out of 10 I will grab a cream version.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Sunny! You should definitely check these out if they're available over there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tracy! And I can totally see you singing whip it now when you get home and open up this little jar o' magic! :D CRACK THAT WHIP!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Sarah! LOVE your blog! So pretty design-wise and your photos are gorgiepants. It totally *does* feel marshmallowy! Minus the sticky! Saweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Melissa! This is def one of the best cream products ever longevity-wise! I love a cream blush, too - you can get such a glowy, natural look with it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Established transportation infrasctructure for a plethora
    of lifestlye, dining and entertainment.the interlace condo - theinterlacecondo.sg -

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!