Thursday, June 6, 2013

REVIEW! | LORAC GLOgetter Palette


You know that giddy feeling you get when you find a great deal and you want to shout it from the rooftops whilst dancing to Ke$ha?  I have that feeling and it's all thanks to LORAC's GLOgetter Palette, $20.00, an ULTA exclusive!

LORAC GLOgetter Palette
LORAC GLOgetter Palette
This palette is awesome.  10 pans of buttery goodness for $20 bucks?!  That is a ridiculously great deal!
LORAC GLOgetter Palette
LORAC GLOgetter Palette - Swatched on NW20 skin
I think this palette offers a great mix of warm and cool shades with solid pigmentation.  That plum!  Y'all, that plum is amazing.  The mint shade is infused with golden shimmer which really give it some dimension and make this typically ice cold shade more wearable for those with warm undertones.  The cornflower blue shade is not to be missed, either.  In person, it is just stunning.  I like that this slim palette offers such a sweet mix of fun and practicality with it's bold colors for pizzaz and neutrals for laying down a base and highlighting the brow bone.
I used a very light wash of the teal shade on the lids for a day at work in the picture above and it stayed put with primer until it was time to wash my face.  These shadows definitely offer more pow than the above picture does justice to, but can be sheered down when you want a more subtle eye.  I love that.  I love variety!  And you don't get much more variety than a 10 pack of shadows for $20.  Hearts!

My Rating: A
Where to Buy: ULTA (exclusively)

Oh noooo!  When I went to link it, I see that it's no longer available.  I'm so disappointed!  You can still Google it and find it at Amazon and eBay, but sadly the price has gone up on now that this limited edition palette is sold out.

12 comments :

  1. TracyBeautyReflectionsJune 6, 2013 at 12:06 AM

    It's so pretty! I tried to find this here in CA on holidays, but I couldn't find it. I has a sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knowww! I has a sad, too! Would have LOVED to see what amazing looks you came up with armed with this beauty! I love LORAC and I'm sad the palette is already gone from ULTA! D:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dat plum doe! It really is yummy lookin! Sigh! No sign of these little beauties at my Ulta. *cry cry sob sob*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn! I was hoping you'd somehow banked one of these! LOL @ "Dat plum doe" - right?! Dat plum is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kristen, what a fun palette! LORAC palette packaging always reminds me of chocolate ;) I can see why it's sold out too. It's a great one especially for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look! At! Those! Swatches! They look fantastic. No surprise it's sold out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in love with this palette! I was so sad to see that it was sold out online but my local Ulta still had a bunch in stock, so people may still be able to find them in stores. I'm actually planning to go get another to make sure I never run out of those gorgeous turquoise & plum shades. I've never done that before, but this palette is definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! It does look like a chocolate bar! I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know! I should've gotten my post done sooner! So many pretty color options!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lila! I can totally understand getting a back-up! These are just great shadows and the colors are so fun! Is this your favorite LORAC palette? I've got my eye on the Pro Palette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's actually my first LORAC palette. I bought a few of their brightly colored eyeshadows at the VIP sale but the other palettes are just a little too neutral/matte for me. I can see how you'd be intrigued by the Pro Palette, I'm just all about the bright, shimmery colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's cool, Lila! So you're a bright shadow lady! Sounds like Urban Decay might be your jam! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!