Friday, June 21, 2013

REVIEW! | The Body Shop Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask


I picked up this mask during a 40% sale at The Body Shop site.  It's the first mask I've ever used from The Body Shop and let me say that I'm impressed!  Tingling goodness that results in extremely fresh, smooth skin?  Check!

The Blue Corn 3-in-1 Deep Cleansing Mask is supposed to cleanse, exfoliate, and purify your skin.  You apply a layer to freshly cleansed and dried skin and leave it on for 10-15 minutes.  When you're done, you rinse it away with warm water.  I like to use a washcloth soaked in warm water to remove it completely and aid in the exfoliation process.
It does tingle quite a bit for about 60 seconds once applied, but it's never more than slightly uncomfortable and then it settles down.  Once I remove it, my skin glows and feels fresh and smooth.  It has a smell that reminds me of herbs and baby powder, which sounds bonkers but is quite lovely!
You get a very generous 4.2 oz, which is probably enough for 20-25 applications, for $17.00.  Sign up for email alerts from The Body Shop so you'll be the first to know about new products and sales and maybe you can pick this up during the next 40% off sale for $10 clams!

If you've never shopped at The Body Shop site, let me just say that their customer service is excellent.  One of the best experiences I've had shopping online.  They pack their orders with such care that it feels like opening a gift from a friend who really knows a thing or two about presentation!  I emailed them after I received my order letting them know how much I appreciated their packing and the quality of their products.  I got the kindest personalized response back from one of their customer service representatives thanking ME for the email in great detail!  It was so thoughtful and I couldn't believe someone went to that kind of trouble to respond.  A+ service like that is rare these days, and I think they're such a great overall brand.

What's your favorite TBS product?  I can't get enough of their body butters, especially the smaller sized mini tubs that are great for tossing in a bag, desk drawer, or setting on your night stand.  The Mini Strawberry Body Butter (mentioned in my April Favorites post here) I ordered went fast because I couldn't stop using it!

Happy Friday!

My Rating: A
Price: $17.00 USD
Where to Buy: The Body Shop

4 comments :

  1. Oooo I want to try this now!! I just walked into TBS the other day. They had a deal on body butters. I smelt the raspberry one (I think it's limited edition) omg it was sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tera! Oh the raspberry body butter is one of the best smelling ones around! It smells good enough to eat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want the honey oat mask! Love the idea of following up one mask that deep cleans with a soothing one - great idea, Alison! Now I'm going to *need* the other one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! So cool! I thought it said "you are the best" and I was right! Thank you! :) I don't know why I got Belgium and Switzerland confused - I guess since you're Belgian, I thought Belguim, lol! Oops! Close but no banana!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!