Thursday, February 7, 2013

REVIEW! | MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study is described by MAC as a "soft beige with gold pearl" frosted cream shadow.  Paint Pots can be used on their own or as a primer under powder eye shadow.  The shadows are encased in a glass jar with a black plastic lid.  The glass bottom jar enables you to see the color of the shadow inside.

On my NW 20 skin, Bare Study is a light champagne with gold shimmer.  When I put it on, I go from looking like a grumpy Garfield who didn't get enough sleep the night before to someone who might be mistaken for a morning person.  I think of Bare Study as a cup of coffee for my eyes!
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - With Flash
The above picture was taken at 7:00 a.m.  Don't I look wide awake and ready to tackle a 5K and a desk full of surly paperwork?  That's the magic of Bare Study, my friends!  I am the furthest thing from a "morning person" that exists in nature.

Bare Study lasts for about 9 hours on my lids without creasing when worn alone.  It lasts about 12 hours without creasing when used as a primer under powder eyeshadow.  Paint Pots have a pretty quick dry-down time on the lids (about 5-6 seconds), which is great when you're hustling to get out the door.  The texture in the pot (sounds terrible, no?!) is slick but not overly creamy, and they blend like a dream machine.

I'd originally thought the color might be similar to Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Shadow #13, but when I swatched them next to each other, they are totally different!  Make Up For Ever #13 is darker and more of a rose gold color, while MAC Bare Study is lighter and more of a champagne gold.
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study, Make Up For Ever Aqua Cream Shadow #13
I LOVE Bare Study!  It continues to be one of my favorite go-to shadows because it performs so well on it's own and the color is flattering no matter what blush and lip color I'm wearing on any given day.

My Rating: A+
Cost: $18.50
Where to Buy: MAC
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - on NW 20 skin - Indoor Lighting
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - on NW 20 skin - With Flash
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - With Flash
MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study - With Flash

No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!