Thursday, February 7, 2013

REVIEW! | MAC Paint Pot in Painterly

MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly is described by MAC as a "nude beige" cream shadow.  Paint Pots can be used on their own or as a primer under powder eye shadow.  The shadows are encased in a glass jar with a black plastic lid.  The glass bottom jar enables you to see the color of the shadow inside.
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
On my NW 20 skin, Painterly is a pink-based light beige that makes my lids look perfectly even-toned.  I think of Painterly as underwear for my eyelids!  It just makes them look so even and flawless in a very natural way.  No one will ever stop me on the street and ask what shadow I'm wearing; it's pretty in a very subtle and quiet way.
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Paint Pots have a pretty quick dry-down time on the lids (about 5-6 seconds) so you're not sitting around, literally "watching paint dry." The texture of Paint Pots is slick but not overly creamy, and they blend beautifully.
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly
Sadly, Painterly creases on my eyelids after about 5 hours when I wear it alone.  It lasts about 9 hours without creasing when I use it as a primer and layer powder eye shadow over it.  My eyelids are slightly oily, so if yours aren't this may last a lot longer on you!
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - On NW 20 skin - With Flash
I wanted to LOVE Painterly, but in reality, we're just in like.  It works well as a primer but has a serious penchant for creasing when worn alone.
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - With Flash
MAC Paint Pot in Painterly - Indoor Lighting
My Rating: B-
Cost: $18.50
Where to Buy: MAC



No comments :

Post a Comment

I love your comments! Thank you for leaving me a little note!